Good Trains
Callum McNish
Sergio Sanchez
Ryan Woodford

Bad Trains
Izak Reid
Claudiu Hoban
Brad Varney

Board's delighted with me due to our league position, although they still bemoan Eddie Nisevic's departure. They lost $19k last month.

vs Hereford (22nd)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Samuel Bangura
DC Sergio Sanchez
DC Andrew Burns
DR Izak Reid
DM Taylor Parmenter
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Gianluca Gracco
ST Lewis Taaffe

Everyone says we're struggling, so we're being picked to lose to these cows. Not really seeing it, though.

0 - Not sure how that got in. 0-1

1 - That one should have gotten in though.

11 - Our offense utilizes a whole lot of passing, and this one is no different, with the end move a McNish center for Taaffe, who bags his first goal for us. 1-1

23 - And there's Gracco with his traditional easy miss.

30 - Clucas fakes out his defender and sneaks it in to Taaffe, who scores his second of the game and the season. Wow! 2-1

36 - Guess who's on fire today? It's Taaffe, who crosses it to McNish, and we've our third goal in 25 minutes. Epic scoring is epic. 3-1

43 - Hereford pins Gracco in the upper left corner, so he bolts it back to Bangura, who boots it to McNish, and it's like the Irish midfielder drank a Finishing +2 potion before the game, because lo and behold, it's another goal! 4-1

Take that, jackass oddsmakers telling us we'd lose at home to a relegation side. Woodford's on for Clucas.

67 - I love how this team never gives up. We have 3 or 4 shots blocked, but our boys keep fighting, and eventually Gracco hits the short-range scorcher. 5-1

69 - McNish is starting to misplay his passes, so Binns gets the nod.

All our starters had 7.1 or better, and we got some beaut of ratings overall.

7.5+
Callum McNish - 9.6! (MoM)
Lewis Taaffe - 9.4!
Gianluca Gracco - 8.3
Samuel Bangura - 8.0
Sergio Sanchez - 7.9
Seanan Clucas - 7.7
Andrew Burns - 7.6

I don't think I've ever gotten two 9+ ratings in a recent version of FM. Amazing. That was Taaffe's first goal in 24 matches. That's not the best part, though. The best is this:

Yeah, he was definitely worth dung, all right. And we're the ones who got him fired. Hereford was picked 10th in the preseason media, so for them to be in the drop is pretty bad. As for us? 7th, which is way above our heads.

Nobody wants Reid, even when I offer him at a really cheap price of $8k.

Gianluca Gracco and Callum McNish make the Team of the Week, but I'm disappointed to realize Andrew Burns' loan ends soon. Gracco, by the way, is tied with two others for most Man of the Match awards.

Oh cool.

He's become my most reliable staff member, so it's great to see him put in this effort at professional development. Ashley Yeoman steps up his game in training.

@Ebbsfleet (9th)
GK Max Crocombe
DL Leon Clowes
DC Tom Sharpe
DC Sergio Sanchez
DR Andrew Burns
DM Taylor Parmenter
DM Seanan Clucas
ML Callum McNish
MR Courtney Harris
ST Gianluca Gracco
ST Ashley Yeoman

3 - They leave Harris wide open on the right side of the box and Parmenter finds him there. Although he hasn't shown good goal-scoring instincts yet this season, this one Harris deposits. 1-0

13 - No excuse for that goal to be allowed at all 1-1

23 - In the last 10 minutes, we've seen Clucas get a yellow, Gracco take a knock, and our opponents somehow miss a wide open goalmouth.

Woodford and Guedioura for Parmenter and Gracco at the half. We're playing well, but I think we can do even better.

Pretty dull second half, a yellow for Clowes the only noteworthy event. Still, considering how heavily they were favored and us being on the road, I'll take the point.

Gianluca Gracco is out 2 weeks. Not good.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote