View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #25
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
The struggle is when the lights are off, when you are sitting alone over dinner, in the hotel room, etc. What doubts, insecurities, demons come to roost. You're isolated and you do not want to burden anyone with your thoughts. Why saddle your loved ones with a burden? Its better to put on a facade when you talk to them and hide or bury the pain. When you see them in person, the lights are on, you can do the show, the act, etc. But, is that really you? Does anyone actually KNOW you? You are living the life, traveling for a living, seeing the world, eating the best food, etc. Why should I have any issues? If I have issues with all this, what if I didn't have it? Its insidious and it sucks.

I'd wager that this is familiar ground to people who have really irregular sleep habits. Sounds like you travel more in a year (month?) than I do in a decade ... yet I recognize a lot of it perfectly well.