View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 01:27 PM   #117
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A very well played first half in which we dif everything well except for rebounding where we were beat. Still, we are up 38-29 thanks to excellent offensive execution.

Czepil is the player of the half with 10 points, 2 assists, 2 steals. He is 2 of 7 from the floor but is 5 of 6 from the line. Lloyd has an efficient 7 points. Bose has chipped in with 6.

Another close game as we are tied at 61 with 4:06 to go.

Poor offense on both sides, but we get it back with 50 seconds to go. We are down 66-64. Czepil with a good drive gets a 5th foul on one of their stars, their center, and gets to the line for 2 FT's!

He hits both FT's to tie it at 66.

We get the board on a miss and Bakari Lewis gets their backup center on the perimeter, he fakes him out dribbles into the lane and draws a foul. He hits both FT's to put us up by 2 with 10 seconds to go!

A good ball fake gets Bose and gets them a good shot in the lane and they hit with 2 seconds to go. Tied at 68. We miss the buzzer beater and we are going into OT.

Both teams missing shots, but we each make a few to make it 72-72 with 1:34 to go.

I don't believe it! What a finish! With 31 seconds left, they went up 74-73 thanks to their PF making two free throws (after Boyce only hit 1 of 2 for us on a previous possession.) With 4.5 seconds left, Czepil tried a 3 but he missed it. Lloyd grabbed the board but was surrounded. He threw it out to a wide open Bose behind the arc who swished the 3 as the buzzer was sounding! What a win! What a Win! I freaked out at first because the game did an odd little hitch as it recorded the achievement of a buzzer beater

We win 76-74.

We each shot 38%. We were outrebounded 41-39. They had 13 steals to our 11. We had 4 blocks to their 0.

Czepil wins player of the game, but I think Bose should have gotten it for drilling that shot Czepil finished with 16 points, 3 steals, 2 assists, 1 board. He shot 4 of 15, 1 of 10 from the arc, and 7 of 8 from the line.

Bose also had 16 points and really should have been player of the game. He also had 6 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals. He shot 6 of 10, 3 of 6 from the arc, and 1 of 1 from the line.

Lloyd added 15 points and 13 boards. No one else hit double digits.

Feb 18 -

We are surprised by Texas State who beat us 83-73. Czepil had 18 points and Bose had 10, but no oe else hit double digits. Texas State is now 6-15 and we drop to 13-8. We need some more outside shooters desperately.

Our next game is at 15-8 Northwestern State. I'll play that later tonight or tomorrow.

Bose's shot at the end was the Pontiac Game Changing Performance.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote