View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #119
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

UTSA is one of the weaker teams we've faced this year, but they are still slightly more talented than we are. However, with the home crowd, we should win this one. With our current record of 13-10, I expect and want us to hit at least 15 wins this year.

Mitch Boyce will have a tough time against their center, Ismael Fellows. Their 6'11 260 pound center is a decent big man.

In the first half, we weren't hitting enough shots as Czepil was our only somewhat reliable shooter while they were on fire. They shot 58% in the first half as we shot 26%. Our rebounding was sound which kept us from getting blown out, but we are down 39-25.

Clark, their SF has 16 points as he has been scoring from all over the court. He is 7 of 11 from the floor and neither Bose nor Newton can slow the big kid down.

Czepil is our leading scorer with 10. He is 3 of 8 from the floor. No one else has more than 4 points.

Czepil has had an explosive 2nd half so far, but with 10 minutes to go he is exhausted. He has brought us to within 9. Now, to see if the rest of our team can respond while he rests. 57-48.

Martin comes in off the bench and he is on fire! He hits a few mid range jumpers and then 2 3's! We are within 2!

However, Martin misses his next 2 and Bose misses 2 and they are back up by 10 quickly after that.

By the time, we get Czepil back in, we are down by 12 again. 74-62 - 5 minutes to go.

We just couldn't get enough defensive stops and that was the difference. 81-72 loss.

Clarke was the player of the game as their SF had 22 points, 4 boards, and 3 assists.

Czepil with a career high 33 points this game. He also had 2 assists and 2 boards. He shot 9 of 20, 6 of 15, and 9 of 10. Pretty impressive with these more demanding sliders which have exposed my more mediocre shooters. Martin had 11 points off the bench. Boyce had 9 points and 8 boards. Bose had 7 points and 6 asssists. Lloyd had 6 points and 7 boards.

There went our best chance at 15 wins. Now, I'm just hoping we can stay at above .500. To do that, we need to win this last regular season game of the year which is a simmed game against 8-14 Sam Houston State at their place.

Unfortunately, we lose that 85-75. Czepil led the team with 17 points. Johnson had 9 points and 6 boards. Lloyd only had 5 points and 5 boards.

We are 13-12 and entering the conference tourney as the #8 seed which means we get to face #1 seed TXAM-CC who are 21-4. This won't be pretty. They are rated 12 points better than us overall which is by far the best team we've faced this year. They have starters rated 70 or higher at every position. They should crush us. If it is a bad blowout, I'll probably sim to the end of this game.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote