View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #123
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The Final 4:

Texas destroys Arizona State 89-61. PF Damian James was the player of the game with 31 points and 12 boards. Texas had 4 starters in double figures.

Duke also easily disposes of LaSalle. Zoubek had 20 points and 9 boards. PF Lance Thomas had 29 points and and 3 boards. Kyle Singler had a relatively quiet night with 12 points and 8 boards.

Duke wins the Championship in a game they controlled from start to finish and finishes 35-4. Kyle Singler scored 29 points and Zoubek had 26 points to lead Duke in the 88-64 win.

Kevin Love wins the Player of the Year Award. Too bad for UCLA that he was injured during the tourney or they might have advanced further then the Sweet 16.

Stephen Curry wins the Mid Major Player of the Year.

Coach K wins Coach of the Year.

Vernon Goodridge, LaSalle wins Defensive Player of the Year. He averaged 1.3 spg and 2.4 bpg along with 8.3 rpg.

Love wins the Big Man of the Year Award.

Maury Gomez of George Washington wins Freshman of the Year. He is rated 78 overall and averaged 7.3 ppg and 7.4 rpg.

The All-American Team:

PG Deonta Vaughn, Cin 19.3 ppg 5.0 apg
SG Jeremy Wise, USM 26.5 ppg, 3.9 rpg
SF Bill Walker, KSU 24 ppg, 6.6 rpg
PF Gani Lawal, GT 23.7 ppg, 7.1 rpg
C Kevin Love, UCLA 26.9 ppg, 8 rpg.

Freshman All-American Team:

PG Bienvenu Stehly, Texas 5.3 ppg 5.6 apg
SG Randall Ryan, Lsu 8.4 ppg 4.9 apg.
SF Harvey Delfico, Ariz 7.3 ppg, 4.9 rpg
PF Jair Admundson, Joes 9.0 ppg, 6.0 rpg
C Maury Gomez, GW, 7.3 ppg 7.5 rpg

In the Southland, interestigly, UTA's coach won Coach of the Year despite TXAM-CC winning the conference.

Demond Watt, TXAM-CC won player of the year in the conference.

Erwin Wente, a PF for Southeastern Louisiana from Jackson, MS won Conference Freshman of the Year. He averaged 6.5 ppg and 5.3 rpg. He is rated 68 overall.

TXAM-CC had 4 guys on the First Team All Conference Team. UCA ad the other, their PG.

Czepil did make second team all conference.

Good news! The school is very happy with my performance. They just offered me a 5 year extension!

Now, to the bad news: 2 of our leading offensive options just graduated. 5 players in total graduated:

Czepil, Boyce, Friend, Paige, and Mallory are graduating. We will really miss Boyce's ability to spread the floor and Czepil's 3 point shooting ability. Right now, we have no one who can shoot the 3 even somewhat reliably.

UC-Irvine has offered me their head coach job. Its tempting. California is beautiful. They have a VERY talented sophomore center as well as a good freshman PF and a good SF. There is no doubt I'd be going to a team with more talent. However, I really wanted my first job that I jump for to be in a mid-major conference.. I'll probably kick myself for this, but I turn the job down. I want to get to USC in 3 steps or less and this is too much of a lateral move.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote