View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #124
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 of the guys I offered scholarships signed with other schools and I'm already regretting not going to UC-Irvine. Dokun Ellis, a PG who could have started right away went to Alcorn State which is closer to his home town. Wayne Isham, a PF who could have contributed chose Louisiana Lafayette over us. Worst of all, the PG I've really been working on from Texas chose to stay in his home state and will go to UTA.

We MUST steal Konrad Pritchard from UNO where he is leaning. the kid is from New Orleans and he is leaning there over us, but he could be an immediate starter for us. I must make him see that. According to our film, he is a good shooter and tremendous defender.

Darn, after two weeks of heavy recruiting, Konrad chooses UNO. Wasted time and now I might lose out on other guys.

In the 3rd week of recruiting, we finally get 2 recruits:

SF Dwon Grochowalski is a 6'7 235 pound SF from Baton Rouge, LA who I primarily recruited for his size since I want to try to grind it out. However, after recruiting him for a bit, my staff thinks the kid is a good shooter. If so, this will be a very pleasant surprise and the kid coul be an important contributor. He is a 2 star player who is ranked 780th overall and 155th at his position. He averaged 7 ppg in the ABL on 42% shooting including 18% from behind the arc.

SF Jeff Spencer was the only 2 star player that we recruited all year long and it paid off as we got him. He is ranked 461st overall and 101st among SF's. He is from San Antonio, TX. He is a 6'6 210 pound SF and our staff believes he is a very solid outside shooter. He everaged 10.5 ppg in the ABL on 41% shooting including 36% behind the arc.

In the 2nd to last week of recruiting, we get another player that I'm not particularly enthused about, but he should add some depth:

PG Vinnie O'Brien is a 6'0 178 PG from New Orleans, LA. He is ranked 632 overall and 164 among PG's. He doesn't thrive in any area but is ok in most. He didn't play in the ABL. We wouldn't have signed him if we could have gotten Konrad, but we'll see what this kid can do.

With our last scholarship, we are trying to get a player from Lithuania that I've been recruiting all year, but it is looking like he'll just play ball in Europe. Unless he changes his mind in this final week:

Yep, he chose ball in Europe. Too bad, he looked like a terrific shooter. Still, I think I may have gotten at least one good outside shooter. If not, I got two guys with size which is a plus for my plan to play big this year and be a defensive minded grinding team.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote