View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 11:33 AM   #139
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, it was 32-28 with 2:20 to go in the half. However, due to a very rare glitch that I've never seen before I had to quick sim the rest of the game. The opposition wouldn't send out enough guys for the FT and therefore the ref wouldn't give me the ball to shoot it. I waited 2 minutes and nothing happened, so I quicksimmed the game and we lost 74-64. We were in trouble anyway and probably would have lost as Lewis and Lloyd were in foul trouble and they were building their lead with a run.

Lloyd led the team with 12 points and 9 boards. Johnson had 12 points and Lewis had 11 points and 3 assists along with 5 turnovers. Spencer and Bose each had 9 points.

David Ndoumba their star PF (rated 75 overall) had 17 points and 17 boards along with 3 blocks.

After the game, Dante Newton meets with me to tell me that he is unhappy with his lack of PT and that he is considering transferring. I meet with him but he has been a disappointing shooter despite his reported good mid range jump shot, so I'm not going to play him a ton more as Spencer has lived up to his hype.

Feb 17 -

We play 2-18 UTA. In our simmed game, we get the blowout that I expected when I played them. 90-69 win. All 5 starters in double digits: Bose with 17, Lloyd with 15, Bakari with 14, Johnson with 11, and Spencer with 10. Johnson had 14 boards and 5 blocks in a dynamic performance. Spencer had 8 boards as the freshman SF continues to show an all around game.

Newton had 7 points off the bench but broke his hand and will miss the rest of the season.

Our next game is against the might TXAM-CC. I'm going to sim that as well. If I play them, I want it to be in the conference tourney. I don't want to try to grind it out twice against them in played out games

In a complete shocker, we upset them, 77-57! Their stars all had off nights. Watt their star PF shot 2 of 10. Their star SG went 2 of 11. Meanwhile Spencer led the team with 15 points, 10 boards, and 4 steals! Bakari Lewis had 15 points and 7 assists. Bose had 13 points and 7 boards off the bench (with Newton out, he became my number 1 bench guy with Martin starting at SG and Bose playing backup SG/SF) Johnson had 13 points and 14 boards!

We are now 14-9. Our next game is hosting Lamar who are now dropped own to 9-17. We beat them a few weeks ago 74-67.

Hopefully, I won't get any glitches this game.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-09-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote