View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 12:46 PM   #140
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A horrid start to the game as we dig ourselves a 20-7 hole 8 minutes into the game.

Then Bose comes in at SF and it all turns around. 6 minutes later, we are down 26-23. I have to accept, he is a difference maker at SF, at least off the bench. At SG, he is just a decent player as his speed isn't as impressive against SG's.

Bose is exhausted after 10 minutes or so, but we are within 3, as it is 34-31.

At the half, we are down 39-35.

Bose is our leading scorer with 12 points. Rand is the player of the half and their leading scorer with 10 points. Rand, their SG, is shooting 5 of 9 for them but 0 of 3 from behind the arc.

With about to 14 minutes to go in the game, Johnson injures his ankle on a dunk attempt. Weatherspoon comes in and Lloyd slides to PF.

A few minutes later, Johnson is cleared to return. It is a mild strain.

With 10 minutes to go, we tie it at 53 which is our first tie since the beginning of the game.

A minute later, Martin hits a 3 to give us a 56-55 lead.

A disappointing loss as we fell apart down the stretch allowing a 8-0 run with 5 minutes to go that spelled our doom as we never could close that gap.

77-67 loss.

Rand was the player of the game. He finished with 19 points on 8 of 17 shooting, 1 of 8 behind the arc.

We had all 5 starters in double figures and also Bose off the bench:

Lewis, Johnson, and Bose each had 12.

Spencer had 11, Martin and Lloyd both had 10. Our other bench players scored 0 points. Lloyd led us with 6 boards as we got crushed on the offensive boards. Lloyd also had 2 blocks as did Weatherspoon in just 15 minutes.

Feb 26 -

As expected we lose to Northwestern State at their place, 79-72. Martin led us with 16 points and Bose had 10 points and 8 boards off the bench. Spencer had a very bad game with 0 points and 4 boards as he fouled out in 15 minutes.

We are now 14-11 with our last regular season game of the year being against Texas State who barely beat on the road a few weeks ago 79-76. If we can beat them, I'll be happy that we'll at least have 15 wins. More importantly, we will keep our rank as 2nd place team in the conference and shouldn't have to face TXAM-CC until at least the final of the Conference Tourney. Maybe, we'll get lucky and someone will knock them out. I think we at least have a decent chance against any other team in the conference.

I'll play the game against Texas State either later tonight or tomorrow.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote