View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #141
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Due to a mistake on my part in which I forgot to reset my lineups after an injury, I now don't have Weatherspoon for this game against Texas State. As a result, I'll go small and try to run more when Lloyd has to rest and maybe even when Lloyd is on the floor.

As a result, we have one of our most fast paced first halves this season. 45-36 at the half. We are shooting 62% with plenty of fast break points. Lloyd leads the team with 9 points and 6 boards. Spencer and Johnson each have 7. Martin and Bose each have 6.

Down the stretch, they eliminate a 7 point lead that I had with a variety of plays including an incredible dunk on a breakaway by their SF. However, their SF a jumper although we foul him. He misses both FT's and Spencer gets the board. O'Brien gets into the lane and gets the foul. He makes both pressure FT's with under a minute to go to put us back up by 2. 80-78.

Their PG, White, is so fast and he burns O'Brien to make a floater in the lane to tie it up. After a steal they get a 18 footer which they miss. With 6 seconds left, Bose gets to the FT line as he is fouled on a 14 foot jumper. He misses the first.... but nails the second!

They move it up quickly and get off the 3, but they miss it! We win 81-80. 15 wins which I think might be tied with our best year

Lloyd was the player of the game with 17 points, 11 boards, 3 assists, 2 blocks. He shot 8 of 13, and 1 of 3 from the line.

Spencer had 16 points and 5 boards. Johnson had 13 points and 11 boards. Martin had 13 points. Bakari had 8 points and 8 assists. Bose had 9 points and 4 boards.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote