View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 12:19 AM   #20349
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I don't think I've read an update recently from you re: Athens and coronavirus masks & social distancing. I assume it has gotten worse?

I hardly pay it any mind here honestly, since I've only made three purchases in Clarke County (home of Athens) in the couple months since our virtually useless governor dropped his lawsuit and let the local idiot govt run free. Our regular Mexican restaurant a couple times and an Arbys drive thru once. Basically, the county has no bearing on my life anymore except for the annual tax payment.

But, for you, I googled.

The increase from August to Sept was a bit higher (1,400 new cases) than July to August (1,100) new cases was. But that period includes the return of students to town, so it really doesn't provide a consistent picture of rate. I mean, that's like getting an entirely new population dropped in your lap (some of which count toward here, some of which count toward their county of residence) so I don't know how to parse that out (student figures are not allowed to say X of these are attributed to Y county)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-22-2020 at 12:19 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote