View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 03:27 PM   #19
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Ok, last night was the next 125 to try out. I had a "special" kid run a 4.8 forty last year, and the very best so far out of 250 kids has been a 5.85. Only 3 have broke the 6 second barrier. One of those is designated to be mine because of the assistant coach rule. There are 20 teams, and only 15kids weigh over 125. I will have 4 of them.

Not sure what all this means, but when I see that this is not a speed class, the next differential is size, and I feel good about power football this season. Last season we had 10 TD's over 80 yards. This year, cloud of dust, 4 yards all day will make me happy.

Tonight is the last night of tryouts - another 100 or so. Then we will draw for draft order, and get ready for the big draft on Saturday.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand

Last edited by Senator : 08-28-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote