View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 02:02 PM   #504
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
It'll be fun tracking the careers of SE Vinny Buysse (who you traded in at 1.7 to grab one pick ahead of me) and FL Teddy Austin who I subsequently got after trading down with Kansas from 1.8 to get 1.17 and Kansas's 2099 1st. It'd be pretty sweet if your move netted me a similar WR plus a future 1st lottery ticket. Hopefully Austin's RR comes along over time.
I'm pretty sure that I would have settled for Austin if the trade for 1.7 had failed and Buysse had gone at 1.8. I was ready to move up to 1.9 for it. And it's no longer a secret either that I was very close to agreeing terms for 1.4 and would have picked Buysse there. All in all, this draft class had 4 very similar, yet in detail very different receivers in the top7 picks. Austin might be in the mix here, the WR group of 2098 in general will be interesting to watch, but in the micro cosmos of the Futility Bowl rivalry, Austin vs Buysse is a story within that story.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote