View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 01:38 PM   #527
MIJB#19
Coordinator

General Manager Notes: New weapon for Ashley: Calvin Maxwell
No trade we just grabbed the wide receiver the #3 overall pick.

The draft isn't officially going, but the first couple of picks have been announced. The Moontown Darksiders surprised the pundits and selected the third player on the board: left tackle Fido Bush. As a result, the consensus #2 pick was still available at #3 overall: wide receiver Calvin Maxwell.

I was already content with having to go through a coin flip decision between tight end Gavin Burton and another player not yet taken. But apparently we're going to get our hands on a player maker at wide receiver. Teamed up with Vinny Buysse, our #8 overall pick last draft, this could be a phenomenal receiver duo. Ed Schulz, move over, you'll be fighting it out with George Stuckey for the WR3 role.

I have an awesome trade offer standing for Maxwell, I'm still going to consider it. But what would I do with all those picks? It's unlikely I can use them to move back up to the top 10 slots and grab one of the players I was willing to settle for.

Keep in mind that I still have to fix my cap situation and have a strong desire to add a linebacker to our team. This off-season is far from over.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote