View Single Post
Old 10-27-2022, 09:28 AM   #71
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Rare Earth Hypothesis is still out there (conditions for advanced life are far more rare than many think). Or FTL travel isn't possible. Or, the same drivers of interstellar exploration and colonization would cause any such civilization to tear themselves apart. That is, a species with the intelligence and ambition to do that might also inevitably be one that that would splinter through conflict over the resources and destroy it's capablities to operate on that scale. Or many other problems that I/we haven't thought or heard of yet.

Related to the Rare Earth Hypothesis, it's focused on "complex" life like on Earth. I can see that and can see multitudes of reasons why they would be difficult to find or don't exist anymore (e.g. we missed their 2M years by 5 years). However, the odds are much higher for alien single cell life, amoebas and like are living somewhere out there.

My hypothesis of a renaissance after discovering intelligent life also applies to if we find alien single cell life, amoebas on Europa.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote