View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #428
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I have to say that this weeks episode really depressed me. I know from reading some critical analysis that bad things happen regularly to favorite characters in this universe and that might be ultimately a deal breaker for me. I could deal with the bleak disposition of The Wire because there was enough good, and enough of a connection to the bleakness of real life, for me to get through it. I'm not sure I'm ready for that same bleakness in my fantasy. No question the show is a good one, else I'd not have felt the emotion reaction I did, just not sure if in my limited TV time I am ultimately going to want something quite this dark.

I get what your saying- and as someone else who hasn't read the books (yet)- that's what hooked me- thats how I knew I really liked the show, I actually cared what happened to the characters.

I'd go home on my lunch break on Monday's catch about 45 minutes on the DVR (Sunday nights me and the girlfriend watch The Killing and Treme together)- then when I get to work I'd pull up HBO Go and finish it off.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote