View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #431
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Notice I didn't say good/bad I said favorite. Ned was a favorite, Aryia and Tyrion are favorites of mine. I made the comparison to the Wire quite intentionally as there to you have lots and lots of grey (my two favorite characters are probably a viglante and a drug kingpin). I'm just not sure I want something this dark from my fantasy, where as you point out Martin goes against type by allowing anything to happen to any character. To me I guess my long term commitment to the show is less dependent on whether I feel connected to the characters, I certainly do, but whether the show gives me enough to think about to be alright with what they do to my favorites.

I missed that you said favorite instead of good/bad. I hope that your end decision is that it does - I'd be happy to take this to PM's and give you a very vague pep-talk about your other two favorite characters and what Martin does to them (no spoilers, no specifics).
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote