Thread: Stalls
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 03:19 PM   #194
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
Just thought of something. A revelation if you will.

I've never wiped my ass with my left hand. Ever. Reason I thought of this is I tore the fingernail on my middle finger last night and today I was wiping and it hurt so much I almost had to try lefty.

Anyone an ambidextrous wiper?

In Arab countries you are only supposed to wipe your hand with your left hand. Right handed wiping is strictly forbidden. It's why I often refer to people who are left handed as being ass-handed.

Or as wikipedia.org explains:

"A profound Arab stigma against left-handedness dates to a pre-industrial period when paper was extremely rare and (in desert regions) water was too precious to be used for hand-washing. Because it was necessary to use one hand for wiping oneself after defecation, and because it was impossible to cleanse this hand thoroughly, the hand used for this task (traditionally, the left hand) was deemed unfit to be used for any other activity, especially as most Arabs of that time lacked eating utensils, and so they ate with their fingers (of the right hand) from communal dishes, while keeping the left hand entirely concealed at mealtime. To this day, it is widely regarded as taboo in Arab culture to handle food with the left hand. Offering one's left hand for a handshake greeting, or even waving it in greeting without touching, would be considered a serious personal insult in Arab society."
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 12-13-2006 at 03:53 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote