View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 07:41 AM   #28
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Thought I'd bump to stir up some interest. I had my Blackberry go kaput and the iPhone was a cheap option to upgrade, so I got one. Really liking these apps.

Baseball Superstars 2010 - It's a big-head baseball game with RPG elements. They have a career mode similar to RTTS on MLB 10: The Show. It's somewhat limited in comparison, but you can finish games very quickly and it keeps your career stats. Got a ton of play out of this one for $4.99.

3D Sun - This is a free app for the astronomy geeks. Provides a current view of the sun in addition to updates when there are any large flare events, explosions, new sunspots, pictures of auroras caused by sun events, or even a comet heading for a demise in the sun. Both pictures and videos.

Planets - Another free app for amateur astronomers. Provides a real-time 3D view of the sky that allows you to quickly pinpoint exactly where the planets/stars/constellations are located currently in the sky. Also has a great little chart that tells you when you can view any given planet that night (if visible). I've taken this little app outside on a clear night and been really surprised how easy it is to spot the planets and stars. I'm thinking about getting a basic telescope now to use with this app.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 03-22-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote