View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 03:58 AM   #772
Icy
Pro Starter

Nice video Dodgerchick, got me in tears and it's not something easy to see, i have bookmarked it as inspiration and have also gone to the dude's blog (www.bendoeslife.com) to read more about it.

Amazing stuff he has accomplished, from being a depressed obese to end featured in a top running magazine after running a marathon, ironman and losing 120 pounds in less than two years.

I'm not even close to his starting point, i consider myself overweight at 207lbs 5'11" but my new weight machine said to me that i was obese (shut up motherfucker!) in September and since then i started running besides playing soccer once per week.

I'm going to post here updates too after the failure of my back into soccer dynasty that i have not updated for a while even when i'm still playing. Hope that writing just a few lines here will be easier that writing a full dynasty, where i lose motivation so fast.

Goals:
I have been running the since August, 2 days per week, around 3.7 miles in 40 minutes, that is slow pace. My goal is to run 10 miles in 1 hour 30 minutes that is still average pace, but it's more about the time running without stop.

My starting weight right now is: 207.2 pounds, my goal for June 1st is: 185 pounds.

I'm 35 years old and my height is: 5'11"

Eating:
During the week I heat pretty healthy, with lots of salads and vegetables, grilled chicken, fish and meat, etc but when we go out for dinner on weekends, i usually lose control and eat too much and unhealthy stuff like Pizza or hamburgers with fries, that leads to frustration as i can recover in 2 days what i lost in 5. I drink water or coke zero, maybe a non alcohol beer or two during weekends.

So besides weekends, my diet is good already and it's not that i can eat much less or more healthy, but a big problem i have is that i sit in my pc for around 14 hours per day so my calories intake should be pretty low, i think around 2000 max to keep weight or lose it if i add the workout. AS i can't change my diet a lot besides controlling myself on weekends, i need to add more workouts.

Workout:
I have been afraid of running more than 2 days per week (plus the weekly soccer match) because my knees and/or because i still feel soreness on my legs even when i don't feel specially tired after finishing my running workout, but i think i need to increase it now that i'm more in shape.

My new workout schedule from now until Feb 1 must be:

Sunday: Soccer match
Monday: rest as the soccer game leaves me so sore.
Tuesday: 20 minutes cycling machine + Workout (pushups, abs, weight lifting, etc in a circuit)
Wednesday: 40 minutes jogging
Thursday: 20 minutes cycling machine + Workout (pushups, abs, weight lifting, etc in a circuit)
Friday: 40 minutes jogging with some sprints in between.
Saturday: rest to get ready for soccer.

If one week i don't have soccer game (like now during holidays) i'll replace it with 1 hour jogging.

Last edited by Icy : 12-20-2010 at 04:06 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote