View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #1012
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I know it is - and this is also why I try not to hit the scale more than a couple of times per week. I don't want to get obsessed over the number when I know it is fluid.

That's why I weigh myself every day and get a weekly average. Last week, I weighed 232.4 one day, but I didn't care. I didn't do anything special and the next day I was 229.2. Average for that week was 229.1 (Had I weighed 230.4 instead, it only would have made a -0.3 difference in the average). This past week, I averaged 227.4 and weighed anywhere from 226.2 to 229.0 during the week. May 5th, I was 226.8, May 6th was up at 228.2 and May 7th was down a bit 227.8.

As long as the average is going down, the day to day fluctuations don't bother me. One of the problems with weighing yourself once or twice a week is that you might weigh yourself on a particularly low day (dehydrated, etc.) and then freak out because your weight doesn't go down for a week or two because you were actually a few pounds heavier when hydrated normally. For instance, if I had just weighed myself on April 3rd and then not weighed myself again until May 2nd, I would think that I didn't lose any weight at all (228.8 on Apr 3rd, 229.0 on May 2nd). I wouldn't have known that April 3rd was a particularly low day for me and that May 2nd was a particularly high day.

Anyway, enough rambling from me. Just my take on it.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote