View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 06:04 PM   #1029
Blackadar
Retired

WOW. I appreciate your willpower, DT, but that's a little extreme. I wonder if you're getting enough calories to fuel your body correctly. You're talking 900-1000 calories, which is literally starvation level. I agree portion control is entirely necessary, as is what you eat. But yowsa...I'm glad it worked for you, but my body doesn't function on that kind of minimalist diet, never mind I wouldn't want to do it.

Personally, I've just tried eating a lot more healthy at breakfast and especially lunch. So for example my lunch today was 1/2 of a turkey wrap from Jersey Mikes (they put cheese on it today, but I could do without), a bunch of fresh veggies and an apple. I'll eat less during dinner, too, but not at the calorie levels you're talking about. Hence the pork chop, the half of a sweet potato and some lightly steamed green beans for dinner.

You got more willpower than me, brotha! And I have no idea how you eat that frozen stuff...it tastes horrible.

---

From a fitness standpoint, I'd strongly suggest that you ease off the cardio and implement more weightlifting. Not only will you burn more calories long-term, you'll look/feel better. I like my elliptical too, but I'm far better off building at this stage rather than burning even though I'm not near my ideal weight. Case in point - I lost 45 pounds and while people noticed I'd lost some weight, it wasn't a big thing. I just finished the 2nd of 3 cycles with P90X and I've had a bunch of people ask me if I've lost weight recently, even though I've only lost 5 more pounds. It's how those pounds are getting shifted around that people noticed. My $.02 on that.

I'm focused less on the diet side and more on the workout side even though diet is 75% of your weight. I feel that if I work out hard and eat within reason, whatever my weight is it is.

Last edited by Blackadar : 05-16-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote