View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 02:33 PM   #642
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post

As alluded to above, guns are not the only problem, but they are a symptom and part of the issues, and it seems to me that this cannot or will not be accepted by many even as a possibility

I mean, it is the same on a macro level: With the US it's always an arms race and no coincidence that the US is as much an outlier when it comes to military spending or the amount of nuclear weapons. There is no situation conceivable where you'd ever need 7000 of them, but since Russia has about that many ... And the response du jour is trying to bully other countries into spending more on weaponry and "defense" as if that would solve anything.

The difference here is that Guns don't really serve the same purpose of being in support of the fight against an(y) enemy, so you make a mental leap well documented in here.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 03-13-2018 at 02:35 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote