View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 02:29 PM   #328
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

agreed, very touching story dodgerchick.

Christmas does bring a lot of funny stories too. Matthew, who will turn 3 in mid-January, was playing in the hallway last Wednesday when I went downstairs to start a fire in the woodstove. I heard him call out "Daddy, where are you?" and I replied that I was downstairs. He asked what I was doing and I replied that I was starting a fire. He often likes coming down and tear newspaper to help me, or bring some little pieces of wood to start it off but this time, instead of his usual "oh wait I wanna help!", he screamed as heavy a "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" as he could. I walked up the stairs to see what this was about and he kept on going, his eyes all teary, breathing hard "you're gonna burn Santa *snif* when *snif* he's *snif* gonna come down the chimney!!!!". I couldn't help but smile, poor kiddo worried about burning Santa.

I ended up telling him that Santa was not ready to come yet, that it was okay and that he would only come when we leave him some cookies and milk. So tomorrow night, I'll make a big show of having him prepare some cookies and a class of milk and there won't be any fire in the chimney tomorrow night.

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 12-21-2006 at 02:30 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote