View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 07:31 PM   #1042
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Just responding to JPhillips and a possible answer to his budget issue.

Yeah, too bad the law-abiding neighbors weren't attending church but were close by to stop him from doing more damage.

The point was twofold. First it was an example of a Protestant church that did not have armed guards free of charge. I am sure they have their reasons for not having one budgetary or otherwise.

Second is that as far we know, the shooter today WAS a law abiding citizen right up until the time the bullets flew today. You did the research. He obtained all of his weapons legally. Yes, he spewed hate speech but let's be honest, we don't take that sort of stuff seriously anyways. He was the quintessential "good guy with a gun" right up until he wasn't. He is the guy who was armed free of charge!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote