View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 10:14 AM   #157
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

I finally got the kick in the pants needed to take the next big step in the game's development.

I just got over the plague I've been dealing with for the last week, so it was a good time to knock out another week of games. I had a great game against the Rainbow Sharks that came down to a 4th and long that the Rainbow Sharks converted for the game winning TD!

I ran the rest of the games, and then accidentally hit the "load" button instead of the "save" button, ruining the whole week's progress. Now that's not a huge deal, because I just have to re-sim the week, except that slow-sim takes about 40 minutes to do a week.

I think it's time to finish the fast-sim.

I have almost all of the fast-sim logic drawn up, and I have some large blocks of time set aside during the week of the 23rd. I'd planned on using that time to hammer through another season, but I think fast-sim is much more important. I can't imagine any alpha tester wanting to wait through 40 minutes of sim time per week. Once fast-sim is implemented, it should be relatively easy to get the game in shape for testing.

Anyway, games are 3/4 done running now, so week 12 should be up soon!