View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 05:48 PM   #197
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenCrest Games View Post
I think we're going to experiment a bit with the sponsored teams. Let's set the Swarm, Twisters, and T-Pain coaches to completely ignore any positions that don't fit their play style.

I don't know if it's going to make a difference, but it's a good way to see exactly how coach preference is driving player value. I have a sneaky suspicion that coaches are valuing a balanced roster slightly more than running their system.

If I'm right, the sponsored coaches should start looking for specific types of players, and will give up talent they don't need in order to get them. This should lead to better on-field play, and the good guys should start to separate themselves from the rest of the league through the trading period and the offseason.

I just saw this from way back in season 1 - week 3.

I hope you noticed that the top 4 teams from last season were the 4 sponsored teams that got coach preference upgrades. Yeah it's early, but it sure seems like it's making a difference.

To broaden out the experiment a bit, I'm going to upgrade the Maroons and Blues to see if it makes a difference. This time, I'm going to make some drastic style alterations to see if it shows up on the field. I'll make the Maroons become obsessed with special teams. (K, KR, ST) The Blues are going to become a pure power ball-control team. (RB, OL, DL) If the experiment works, we should see a major season stat effect that comes with the new play styles. We'll also probably see more trades than normal from both teams, as they start to reshape their rosters.

Last edited by GoldenCrest Games : 05-20-2018 at 05:49 PM.
GoldenCrest Games is offline   Reply With Quote