View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 05:17 PM   #3
Izulde
Head Coach

Re-signing: DC Hayden Vincent (32) - 2 years, $2.1k/year
After a lot of hemming and hawing, I re-signed him to a cheaper contract. Quite simply, he's our best player even at his age and the perfect team captain. That's a savings of $400 from his original deal and without any bonuses tacked on.

We get $90k in sponsorship deals, a slight drop from the original $95k, but the money is still such an infusion, suddenly the board is setting $160k a year payroll budget and $11.33k transfer budget Time to go shopping!!!!!

Only we don't have a scout. Oops. They're cheap enough to hire - $1.5k for a 7 JPA/5 JPP who is best available.

We're 20th in reputation amongst Trinidadian teams. Goes to show how meh the country is.

Transfer In - DL Nicholas Samuel (16) - From Stokley Vale - Free Transfer
Signed to a two year deal paying him $7k a season. 11 Decisions, 12 Flair, 14 Teamwork, 11 Acceleration, 10 Pace. Only thing I'm not in love with is his shitty Determination. In 9 appearances last season for our division foes, he had 2 assists, was named PotM 3 times, and had an average 7.46 rating. So this is a pretty damn big pickup if he can replicate that success for us.

Transfer In - GK Michael Amoroso (18) - From Harvard Sports Club - Free Transfer
Only posted a 6.54 at the level below, but who knows what kind of defense he had in front of him. 11 Aerial Reach, Concentration, and Decisions, 12 Positioning, Teamwork, and Jumping Rate. Signed to a $1.8k a year deal for the next two seasons, so it's not like I'm breaking the bank.

Transfer Out - DC/ST Marvin Manswell (27) - To Police (TRI) - Free Transfer
Gets a $4k deal. He was our leading scorer last season, but I was pretty much whatever on him. Besides, he doesn't fit our youth window.

The Trinidadian Pro League jumps up from 10th to 6th in the North American Leagues rankings, which sounds impressive until you realize the top flight in this island nation is 2*. The Mexican First Division is tops in North America at 3.5*, MLS 2nd at 3*, followed by Costa Rica's Premier Division at 2.5*, and then a bunch of 2* leagues.

Amateur Signing: ML/AML Javon Wilson (23) - From St Ann's Rangers
11 Crossing, 10 Acceleration, 10 Pace. Blows what we currently have there out of the water. I'm surprised that's all he wanted was an Amateur backup deal, but we'll definitely take it.

Transfer In: ML/AML Damian Pino (24) - From Club Sando - Free Transfer
Posted a 6.82 rating in 18 appearances with their B team at this level last season. 2 years, $7.5k a year. 10 First Touch, 13 Flair, 14 Teamwork, 11 Work Rate, 10 Acceleration, 11 Pace.

Everyone is complaining about the fitness training, even though it's at a perfectly acceptable 2*. I don't know what to tell you, man - we're maxed out on coaches and no one really good wants to coach here.

Transfer In - MC/AMC Everald Corker (16) - From Caledonia United - $2k
We dipped into our transfer money to grab a kid with 10 Passing,11 Flair, 14 Teamwork, 11 Vision, and 10 or better Physical attributes everywhere but Balance and Strength at 5. The low determination pisses me off, and he's our highest paid player at $9.5k, but I think I see something really interesting in him.

The board just wants us to avoid relegation again and doesn't think we'll do anything in the cup game, which is perfectly fine by me. Building this squad is going to be a slow, gradual process. Hayden Vincent retains his captaincy and Damian Pino is the vice-captain, almost certain right now to take over when Vincent retires.

[code]
Team Value: $120k (+$96k)
Average Ticket Price: $13 (-1)
Average Season Ticket Price: $66 (-5)
Season Ticket Holders: 81 (+1)
Stadium: 700 capacity (Owned by the council)
Basic Corporate Facilities, Training Facilities, and Junior Youth Coaching
Poor Youth Facilities
Average Youth Recruitment
Balance: $95,342 (+93,063)
Payroll Budget: $160k (+154k)
Transfer Budget: $9.33k (+9.33k)
Media Prediction: 10th of 15 teams - Bottom 3 relegate, Top team promotes

Transfer In: DC Kirt Lewis (26) - From Point Fortin - Free Transfer
His 6.03 average rating at the pro league was terrible, but he's got 10 Heading and Determination, 13 Teamwork and 11 Strength. Signed to a two year deal paying him $7k a year. Immediate infusion of talent in our backline.

Despite our upgrades, we're still slated to finish 13th and relegate. That makes sense - we still don't have a lot of great players, and our depth is shit.

Transfer In - MC/AMC Kowyn Samuel (33) - From Siparia - $50 Transfer Fee
$3.8k for a year stopgap at either one of those two positions. Had a 6.89 for Siparia last year. 11 First Touch, 12 Flair, 14 Teamwork, 11 Vision and Work Rate, and hopefully his 13 Natural Fitness means he'll be able to hang on to his skills for a full year.

Transfer In - Multi-position Kyle Morgan (25) - From Bethel United - Free Transfer

Very well-rounded player and our first double-digit salary signing. My assman first gave him like 4* and now 2*, but says he's a good player for this level, so he's talking out his ass. Whatever - he's going to see a lot of PT.

vs Siparia
G: Michael Amoroso
D: Nicholas Samuel/Kirt Lewis/Hayden Vincent/Akil Marshall
MC: Bradley Delice/Everald Coker
AM: Damian Pino/Kowyn Samuel/Kevin Jamerson
S: Darren DeFreitas

We're unveiling a new 4-2-3-1 Wide formation at the suggestion of my coaching staff just before the match. Kyle Morgan unfortunately ate some bad fish, so he's out for the opener, but Kowyn Samuel gets to go up against his former club right away. Everyone's talking about how that was a huge steal for us.

24 - Nicholas Samuel makes a great steal on a cross, and on the counter, DeFreitas has it at midfield. Pass to Coker who slips it forward and right to Jamerson for the dribble and shoot, and it's in!!!! 1-0

58 - Wilson comes on at ML and Keston Boucad replaces DeFreitas, who has been bad all game

67 - Coker is under heavy pressure, but he gets it to Korwyn Samuel to the right of him. Defender misses the tackle, and the feed to Jamerson in the box results in a second score!!! 2-0

Obviously Kevin Jamerson is PotM with an 8.8, but don't sleep on Everald Coker's brilliant 8.7 outing, Akil Marshall was a distant third best at 7.1

Nice way to open the season. Who knows? Maybe we'll surprise some people.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote