View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 01:40 PM   #9
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitcat View Post
Congrats on your closing run. You really did play like Champions. Good luck at the next level.

Thanks very much, and thanks for stopping by. I'm looking forward to seeing how we do against higher-level competition. I hope we'll be able to consolidate our position and stay out of the County Leagues. Feel free to comment anytime.

30 June 2014

In my excitement to move ahead to the Regional First Divisions, I foolishly forgot to take a screen shot of the stats for 2013/14. Oh, well. I'll give you more numbers to feast on next season.

Here's the Best Eleven from last season.

I usually started Joe Graham at M(C) instead of Ryan Ryder, because Graham is much better defensively and I needed a holding midfielder to pair with Ashley Lane. Ryder did a job wherever I used him; he was almost always my first choice off the sub's bench.

Paul Douglas was the supporters' Player of the Year. He topped the Hellenic Premier list with 20 assists, laying the ball off for Tom Logan or delivering dangerous corners. Logan ended up the division's third high scorer for the year.

If there had been a Team of the Year in the Hellenic Division, I'm fairly certain Chris Beesley would have been its goalkeeper, and I'd think Andy Wililams might have been in the running on the left wing.

My contract ran out today, and the board didn't offer me a new one...after I took a team that was supposed to finish in the middle of the table and won the league with it! If I didn't like the team I've put together so much, I'd tell the board where they could stick their month-to-month contract and see if there's a club out there who might want my services. For now, I'll stick around, but I'm more willing to consider a move.

I'll be back with a look forward to the 2014/15 campaign.

Last edited by Greyfriars Bobby : 06-07-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote