View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 03:18 AM   #27
Izulde
Head Coach

Transfer In - DR/WBR/MR Walter Williams (18) - $60 P/A
18 Aggression, 13 Bravery and Work Rate, 12 Acceleration. A nice all-right side backup to have.

Transfer In - ST Kelly Nesbitt (17) - From Bassa SC
Struggled at the Premier level, but for $3k a year until 2020, he's the perfect Defensive Forward - 12 Aggression, 14 Flair, 16 Teamwork, 13 Work Rate, 12 Acceleration and Pace. He'll obviously start there.

Transfer In - DCR Janiel Santiago (17) - From Hoppers
Another Premier youth raid, he earns $2.1k through next season. 11 Aggression, 10 Decisions, 12 Positioning, 11 Acceleration, 10 Pace, 14 Jumping Reach, and a captain candidate at 14 Leadership. Penned in as a starting DC.

Transfer In - GK Lloyd George (17) - From Bassa SC
12 Aerial Reach, 13 Handling, 10 Reflexes, Positioning, and Agility. $2.5k and he just barely gets the nod over the other keeper we signed. Had 2 shutouts in 5 games for the Premier club, but also allowed 5 goals. Spirited individual.

Transfer In - ST Junior Cochrane (18) - $60 PA/$9 goal bonus
Somehow slipped a bonus by me. 11 Finishing and Flair, and a truckload of solid but not brilliant double-digit physical attributes. Starred as a part-time starter for Grenades this year, who made it to the playoffs in 3rd place, where we should have been.

Transfer In - DLC/ML Brentton Kirwan (18) - From Bassa SC
Another poach who has been struggling. $2.5k salary, with 14 Teamwork and 10 Acceleration. Also projects as a free kick taker with 10 there. Worth noting - much of his struggles came at DC - when he played DL, which is where he'll slot in for us, he was quite good.

Transfer In - ST/AMC/MC Kelly Matthew (17) - From Willikes (Fuck those guys)
We're shelling out $8k in salary for this kid, who just singlehandedly sunk our promotion playoff hopes. 16 Flair is the highlight and he has 11 Leadership and 12 Acceleration, but I'm not seeing a dominant player here. I do think we're going to make some tweaks to our tactics, though, to take advantage of him and others.

Transfer In - ST Brentton Jeremy (17) - $55 P/A
Eye-popping 17 Flair. 15 Aggression and Teamwork, 12 Work Rate, 10 Acceleration. 10 Finishing. Has a lot of work to do on his mental game but we're very quickly dividing the strikers on this squad into Poachers and Defensive Forwards.

Transfer In - MR/AMR Jermaine George (17) - From Parham FC
A little pricey at $6k, but hard to argue with his 16 Flair, 13 Leadership, 11 Teamwork, 12 Acceleration, 10 Pace package. He'll get training on ML to make him more useful. Unfortunately out for 2 months with a dislocated shoulder.

Transfer In - GK Bo Luke (18) - From Five Islands
10 Handling, 11 Reflexes, 11 Agility. The second choice keeper, even on a Key Player deal that pays him $2.5k (this was before I had other players inked on).

Transfer In - DC/DM/MC Marc Jarvis (18) - From Bassa SC
4 of our 11 new players come from that Premier club, which is in the promotion/relegation playoff. Yeah, I'm still mad. 12 Aggression, 16 Teamwork, 12 Work Rate, 10 Acceleration, 14 Jumping Reach.

The upshot of all this activity is that we switch to a 4-3-3 formation, shocking a Premier league side in our first postseason friendly, 3-2.

Transfer Out - ST Brentton Jeremy (17) - To Freemansville
Uh... okay. Plays one friendly and opts to go to a lower division side. Sure. You do you.

Transfer In - ML/AML Luke Simon (18) - From Empire FC
$3k per year until 2020 for a 16 Flair/15 Acceleration/10 Pace left winger who my staff absolutely loves.

Vomit. Willikies goes 1-0-1 for 4 points and promotion to the Premier League. That could have, should have been us. In no one cares news, Otto's Rangers wins the FA Cup.

Youth Pulls
Yep, youth pulls happen *after* the regular season here. The Head of Youth Development is a shitlord, so there's only two guys who captivate my interest:

DC/SW Anderson Derrick (16)
From the jump, he stands out technically - 13 Marking, 12 Tackling, 16 Aggression, 17 Bravery, 11 Decisions, 16 Teamwork, 15 Work Rate, 13 Jumping Reach. Absolutely amazing player, and our best defender. Side Note: Here, youth contracts are $1.3k, so you really have to be selective in who you pick.

MC/AMC Anton Ferrell (16)
11 Passing and Leadership, 14 Aggression and Work Rate, 16 Teamwork. Will definitely see time as our third MC.

Randolph Abraham extends his season for another 4 games, as a Premier club on the verge of relegation loans him in.

I poach Kelly Jahraldo-Martin from Premier Side All Saints United. He's an 11 JPA/9 JPP/9 Youngsters Head of Youth Development who is far superior to the trash Elvis Simon, whom I mutually terminated for $500.

Our shiny new 4-3-3 has been amazing in postseason friendlies, and it makes me excited for the possibilities of next season.

And it's on to the offseason proper. We're not going to add a ton of dudes - we just added 12 of them, 14 if you include the youth signings. Besides, we're bleeding money like crazy due to the rush of talent we brought in.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote