View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 10:33 PM   #38
Izulde
Head Coach

The takeover is now doubtful to happen. I just want it resolved one way or the other, because there's been some released players worth picking up.

The Antigua & Barbuda Premier Division stays 29th in the North American rankings.

...We really need our own stadium. I'm sick of friendlies getting cancelled.

The Antigua & Barbuda National team opens up, much to my surprise. Even more shocking, when I apply on a lark, I'm listed as a favorite for the job.

Transfer In - ST Brentton Matthew (16) - From Willikes - Free Transfer
Never got a shot, and I'm thinking he can be as successful as a certain other striker we poached from this team. 13 Finishing, 14 Flair, 10 Work Rate, 11 Acceleration, 10 Pace, and tailor-made for our Advanced Forward role.

Transfer Out - ML/AML Rowan Jahraldo-Martin - To Potter's Tigers - $2.5k contract
Was always a second choice and dropped to third after our other acquisitions. I originally planned to extend him, but he had no interest in that.

Loan Out - MC/AMC Anton Farrell - To Willikes
The kid's not going to get much, if any PT here, so he goes to a division foe and a frequent poach target of ours to get some match experience.

Transfer In - DL Kelly Robinson (22) - From Urlings
Welcome to our first player rated as a star by my staff. A breathtaking 19 Teamwork and 15 Work Rate with 12 Pace and Stamina, and just great physical attributes all around. Doesn't really impress me technically, but we'll see how he does. $3k a year is a good deal if the evaluation is accurate.

So this happened. It's hard to find good staff, but we do, tapping English Harbour's assistant manager for the same role, and acquiring two unemployed coaches.

The board is offering a whopping $327k wage budget and a $21.25k transfer budget. They expect a mid-table finish and a Quarterfinal appearance. Not going to spend anywhere close to that money, but it's cool they're offering.

Kelly Matthew takes over Captain duties, with Janiel Santiago demoted to Vice-Captain.

3 of our matches get picked for TV.

@ Aruba (North American Qualifying Section Second Round First Leg)
G: Christopher Peters
D: Kelly Robinson/Karanja Simon/Hazeley Pyle/Lenny Hunte
M: Tevaughn Harriette/Fernando Joseph/Calaum Jahraldo-Martin
S: Josh Parker/Lucas Brochero/Dexter Blackstock

Our strength is in the 3 strikers up front, who all play in Europe. One of my guys makes the starting lineup.

47 - Jahraldo-Martin plays it down the right flank for Blackstock, and the cross to Parker nets the score! 1-0

54 - Joseph flares it out left to Harriette and he centers, where again Parker is for doubling his tally! 2-0

74 - Pyle wants off, so Derrick goes in

84 - Joseph is shown a yellow, so Matthew gets the call at MC due to lack of options

Josh Parker is PotM with a 9.0 and Dexter Blackstock recorded an 8.3 as his primary support.

Definitely a different feel with international management. Everyone is absolutely thrilled by our victory and the chance for numerous youngsters to get blooded.

We sell 73 season tickets, a significant jump from the 57 from last year.

Free Agent Signing - MR/AMR Gayson Smith (19) - $6k per year deal
12 Crossing, 11 First Touch, 13 Flair, Leadership, and Work Rate, 15 Teamwork, 11 Acceleration and Pace. He's a National Team member I convinced to come play for us, and is one of the top players on our team. Stoked to snipe this signing after his initial reluctance.

[b]vs Aruba (North American Qualifying Second Round Second Leg)
G: Christopher Peters
D: Kelly Robinson/Anderson Derrick/Hazeley Pyle/Lenny Hunte
M: Tevaughn Harriette/Fernando Joseph/Calaum Jahraldo-Martin
S: Josh Parker/Lucas Brochero/Dexter Blackstock

10 - That was embarrassing set piece defending 0-1

12 - Derrick charges to take back a clearance, and his forward pass bounces off a defender and to Brochero in the box, where he equalizes! 1-1

16 - Blackstock runs down a longball and centers, where Brochero leaps up and smashes in a header 2-1

43 - Brochero takes the free kick in the half-circle and slams it over the wall and into the net for a hat trick in the first half!!! 3-1

72 - Tamorley Brochero takes over at ML

82 - Our boy Gayson Smith will run out the clock at MR

85 - Kelly Matthew subs in at MC

Lucas Brochero's 9.4 hat trick and Dexter Blackstock's 8.1 single-handedly carried us into the next qualifying round.

The wins move us up to 102nd in the World Rankings. Good deal.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote