View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 06:10 PM   #47
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfriars Bobby View Post
Duh, of course. Sorry about that.

I keep envisioning a Fort Road supporters' group called the Garrison, for some reason.

I know what you mean about enjoying lower league football. I'm comfortable there, too. If my Wantage save weren't so much fun, I'd probably have been distracted by another adventure by now. I think Iceland might be fun to try sometime.

It's all good. Hmm. Great idea for supporters' group. I'll weave that in, thanks.

@ West Ham (ATG) (10th)
G: George Frederick
D: Kelly Robinson/Anderson Derrick//Rolston Benjamin/Janiel Santiago
M: Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin/Victor Matthew/Jermaine George
S: Kelly Nesbitt/Bo Benjamin/Brentton Matthew

3 - Jahraldo-Martin races horizontally across the pitch to beat out a defender in the chase for a cleared corner kick. He pops it ahead to Bo Benjamin and on the cross, Nesbitt sinks it 1-0

7 - Rare dropped ball by Frederick bleh 1-1

56 - Santiago moves in to DC, Lewis to DR, and Jarvis subs in for Derrick

61 - Brentton Matthew is in the half-circle with three defenders lined up against him. Rather than force it, he makes the smart play and lays off to George on the right side. Return feed into the box, and Brentton Matthew drills in his 10th goal of the year 2-1

78 - Simon in for tired Jahraldo-Martin

79 - Bo Benjamin with the loft free kick, and George hits the soft, rolling header for the insurance goal!!! 3-1

Jermaine George wins PotM with a 9.0, and supporting him with 7.4s - Victor Matthew and Kelly Nesbitt.

vs Old Road (ATG) (9th)

15 - George just quick enough to beat the defender on the clearance loose ball, and he first touches it to Bo Benjamin in the box. Shot's deflection, but Brentton Matthew moves in and strikes the rebound 1-0

19 - Victor Matthew takes the outlet pass and blasts it wide right to George. He dribbles down the flank and pitch-perfect delivers to Nesbitt for the easy goal 2-0

61 - Jarvis in for Derrick; Lewis for Santiago

72 - Simon on for Jahraldo-Martin

85 - Jarvis makes a great interception and laterals Rolston Benjamin. Laser beam down the pitch to Nesbitt's head is a knock-in the box to Bo Benjamin, who finally breaks his drought, scoring just his third goal of the year. Don't feel too bad for Bo, though - he contributes in a lot of areas and defers to superior finishers 3-0

91 - Bo Benjamin intercepts and lays out right to Brentton Matthew. It's off to the races with B-Matt on the touchline. He doesn't like the cross to Nesbitt, so he kicks back on the diagonal to Bo Benjamin, who cracks a second long-range goal! 4-0

That's the type of victory we like. So, 7 games left. We're 5 points behind both Young Warriors and English Harbour, but likewise enjoy a 5 point edge on Wadadli - 8 on Freemansville in our preseason projection of 5th, who have gotten off the snide.

vs Liberta FC (FA Cup Quarterfinal)

16 - Terrible. F. 0-1

51 - Lewis for Santiago

62 - Willett on for Brentton Matthew

Yes, we were robbed by the post twice, but we still played like shit against a team we should have steamrolled, so I let the team have it.

Victor Matthew earns a $500k a year a raise and is signed through 2022. Kelly Matthew takes a $1k/year paycut and is now making $8k a year through 2022. I'm excited he was willing to reduce his demands. We have some other extensions in the offing.

George Frederick sprains his wrist badly and is out 2-3 weeks. Kelly Robinson goes down with injury and is out a month.

@ Liberta FC (9th)
G: Bo Luke
D: Terrence Lewis/Anderson Derrick//Rolston Benjamin/Janiel Santiago

There's a lot of talk in the runup about how we haven't been able to solve Chester Benjamin, Liberta's 30 year old keeper who has shut us out every game we've played him.

21 - He sprained his wrist early in the game, but Derrick forces a steal, and Rolston Benjamin blasts it long to Brentton Matthew in the half-circle. He shows the afterburners and fires the mid-range right as he crosses the goal line, and we finally beat the wily veteran keeper! 1-0

39 - Nesbitt is in the middle of their half and volleys it right where Brenton Matthew and George are jogging partners. The former takes it and crosses to Jahraldo-Martin for the open score. Not today are you gonna beat us, old man! 2-0

45 - Brentton Matthew firebombs it across the pitch when he runs into a three defender wall. Jahraldo-Martin first touch crosses to Bo Benjamin and we keep piling it on before the half 3-0

58 - Luke takes the goal kick after they shank a sitter, hitting George in the midfield circle. Short lateral to Victor Matthew, and the longball into space has Nesbitt beating everyone and driving into the box for the score! 4-0

59 - Now we're getting sloppy on the backline. Rolston Benjamin shifts out to DR, Jarvis comes in at DC, and Kirwan replaces Lewis at DL

All full-time starters except the keeper had 7.3 or higher, with the 8+ headliners Victor Matthew (8.1), Kelly Nesbitt (8.2), Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin (8.4), and PotM Brentton Matthew with a 9.0.

Bo Luke, Elvis Williams, Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin and Kelly Nesbitt lock down same price extensions. We'll be without both Anderson Derrick *and* Janiel Santiago next game due to yellows.

That's going to be rough, because our most important match of the year as far as positioning is up next.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote