View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 03:54 AM   #19
Izulde
Head Coach

So I go from a club that was making bank to one that's in serious financial trouble. Their gate receipts were a little over $12k, yet their bankroll is $250k.

Everyone on this club is making $8k a year, so the first thing we're going to do is transfer list everyone above a $1k value. ...Well, shit. $8k is the minimum salary. Lesson learned.

Long story short, we bring in a shit ton of guys on loan that I'm not going to break down because that'd take forever.

The one we signed outright:

DLR Fairoos Khanhoon Welgamage (19) (Sri Lankan)
13 Flair and 12 Acceleration. I signed him for $8.5k for a season. He's really unhappy I'm having him learn new positions, but buttercup will just have to suck it up. He's ideally suited to ML IMO.

@ Ha Noi FC
G: Dao Chi Chong
D: Fairoos Khanhoon Welgamage/Nguyen Van Tuan /Dang Tran Hoang Nhut/Truang Anh Tuan
M: Grey/Tang Ngoc Anh/Nguyen Van Phong/Grey
AMC: Dang Anh Truan
ST: Nguyen Van Tien

8 - We draw the PK and can't convert because I'm dumb and forgot to set it, so some grey guy kicks it right at the keeper

14 - Grey right winger dribbles down the flank and short crosses to Van Tien, who despite the Mexican standoff with three defenders gets the debut shot in!!!! 1-0

29 - Anh Tuan passes down the right flank to grey MR for the box feed to Van Tien. He's had a couple shots got robbed by the post, but not this one! 2-0

38 - Van Phong passes to the Grey ML who is tackled as the ball comes in, but grey guy gamely tackles the ball into the box, whereupon Van Tien beats everyone for the first half debut hat trick!!!!! 3-0

41 - How the FUCK do you allow a red energy guy to score on you?! 3-1

At half, Tran Hoang takes a seat, Welgamage shifts to DR, Nguyen Van Phuc comes in at DL

9.5 and PotM for Nguyen Van Tien obvs, 9.0 for grey guy MR (for some reason, MRs always look amazing in my setups), and 7.5 for Tang Ngoc Anh.

It was a stunning upset of a heavily favored club, perhaps giving truth to the notion that despite my scorched earth tactics, the board isn't crazy to demand a top-half finish.

Shit. I just realized I screwed up. I thought the max was 3 foreign players (I have a couple more coming in). Turns out it's 2. Well, shit. I'll have to dump off the expensive one with the $12k salary.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote