View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 06:26 PM   #7
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Here's how our draft turned out. (replay here: Desktop Dynasties Football: Developer's League Allocation Draft - YouTube)

Yeah, I changed my mind again and went with the 1RB 2WR +OL offense. I know, I know. I can't stick to an offense to save my life. I think this is probably the best fit for my style, though.

I had a chance at RB Sjoman with my top pick, but the chat room reminded me that 98 speed is hard to come by in a starting RB. I had to take Marquez, and pass on the kick return skill. (which would come back to haunt me)

After that, I took Mathis, Marks, and Rojas to gather some elite defenders at the DL, LB, and CB positions.

I loaded up on OL after that, which isn't surprising for anyone who knows how I roll.

It was about that time when I (unknowingly) grabbed the slowest player in the league as my starting QB! The chat was kind enough to point that out, for a good chuckle. (around 46:00 in the video)

I pretty much fell apart for the rest of the draft. It was fun, but my strategy totally fell to pieces.

In the end, I'm really happy with my team. My defense is going to be AWESOME, and I should be able to run the ball. I can live with that.

Going into week 1, my top trade priorities are:
1. See if I can find a KR
2. Find a second LB
3. See if anyone dangles an upgrade at QB

Who knows? The AI usually does a good job of maximizing value in the draft, but that often means they have redundant players. I might be able to fill a hole for a reasonable price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg treefrogs.jpg (168.1 KB, 20 views)