View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 11:47 PM   #18
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I got in a scrap in a sponge hockey game a few years back. Some a-hole on the other team kept running our goalie, who happened to be my brother, and the ref kept letting it go. After the third or fourth time my brother was winding up to two-hand him with his goal stick as I ran towards the crease so I just ran right through the dude instead and put him down. He didn't know the two-hander was coming and instead just knew he got laid out so he was pretty pissed, came up swinging. As I moved in to throw back my wife (this is all co-ed which makes it even more funny) grabbed my arms to 'hold me back' but instead just made me defenseless and he landed a couple direct shots to my face before others got there and pulled everyone apart.

We both got thrown out and they tossed us into the clubhouse in adjoining dressing rooms. He kept yelling shit from his side but by then I was wise enough to just keep my mouth shut. Eventually he cooled down, our teams came back, and that was that aside from the suspensions we each got.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."

Last edited by Fidatelo : 03-06-2015 at 11:47 PM.
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote