View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 06:06 PM   #921
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I probably need to find someone to manage my retirement accounts and get some general advice from. I turn 50 this year and haven't really planned out anything going forward. I have 401Ks now spread out at 3 different places (they're all roughly providing the same return, so I haven't felt the need to consolidate). I don't have any interest in investing money myself (got burned badly in the early 2000s so I'll let the professionals handle it). The 401Ks are mainly in "Target X Year Retirement" funds.

I feel like I'm in decent shape but have no idea what I should be shooting for if I want to retire at a particular age.

No problem in spreading out your 401ks. I have large portions in Fidelity and Vanguard. Current company uses Alight so that means I have 3. I specifically wanted both Fidelity and Vanguard because, however unlikely something bad happens, I don't want to put all eggs in one basket.

Target X year retirement funds are pretty respectable but some are better than others. So at the very least google and make sure they aren't overly expensive and are actually following the strategy.

As far as retirement target, lots of materials are out there. But much does depend on when you want to retire. 52 is different than 62 and different than 67 (unless you have a nice pension). Basically have all your debt paid off, and plan on 4% of portfolio + SS, and factor in healthcare expenses.

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-14-2021 at 06:07 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote