View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 08:26 PM   #312
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our Battle Value is 81020. Theirs? Right around 108,000.

Turn 1 – We win init. I created four prong attacks. Our fire support mechs are in the middle, with a large assault force to the south coming in, meanwhile an assault force is just north of the Fire support mechs, and then a smaller assault force to the far north. We have a lot of minor elevation changes, and some forests too. I think I might want to do the typical sacrifice play a few times against these folks, sacrificing one or two mechs that aren’t that good for some of their units that are. That’s often one of the ways that I win this crap. My hope is that they expose a few units so that we can do some damage. So far, not that many. They are doing this cautiously. Alright, after roughly an hour of moving folks, let’s get this first round of weapons done!

Their Loki clan mech blows off the RL of my Wasp. A Nobori-Nin does the same with its RT.
Our Catapult took out a Saladin Hover Tanks front side.
Their clan Hellhound hit the Ostroc and hit two arm actuators
Our Stalker 3F hit a clan tank, an Odin Scout Tank of theirs, and their commander is injured and the crew stunned.

Our Wasp Falls

We had a lot of high numbers to hit that round, no mech took 20+ damage anywhere.

Turn 2 – We win init again. I do not eject the Wasp, I want to use it as bait. I charge forward again with a lot of units. Their Odin tank, damaged, has begun to pull out and flee. Weapons hot time. Their most powerful tank is the Challenger and I take some snipe shots at it. I also have a Nobori-Nin in my sights, and a Mauler assault mech in the south is my target of choice:

Obviously, our Wasp is totally demolished this turn – everything not a H died.
Our Marauder 3D damages their Bulldog Medium Tank #2 and hits the drive system.
A Pixie of ours nails the stabilizer on another Saladin Tank
Our Stalker 5M destroys the front of that Saladin
One of our trio of Awesomes nails the movement on their Challenger twice
Then our Grand Dragon destroys its Stabilizer

Their Mauler fell. That Nobori-Nin is blessed. We aimed at it tons.

So in two turns, despite massive units on the board, we’ve taken out two tanks, and they’ve killed a Wasp. It’s going to be a long one.

Turn 3 – I win initiative again. I continue to push on the northern flank. They have a huge number of mechs in the center though, so I begin to push on the southern flank as well. My two strike teams above the fire support center have united in the north. I back up a few mechs that can’t fit in everywhere. Their Mauler failed to stand once. Time to target this thang up! Hopefully I’ll do more than take out a lightly armored Saladin tank. First thing I want to do is finish that Mauler off. This time a Ryoken is a target in the north. Still going after the wounded Challenger tank as well. I also take a few targets of opportunity here and there and just hope…

An LRM Carrier devastates and destroys my Locust’s CT.
Our Ostoc destroys the right side of another Odin Scout Tank
Their Wolf Trap nails the Head of one of my three Warhammers (the 6D one) and goes internal, hitting the sensors
One of our Trebuchets jams the turret on their Challenger
Our Stalker 3F hits the LRM15 ammo on their mauler, and it goes, up, CASE, < XL engine.

Mechs that fell – Despite takingjust 20+ damage, our Atlas fell. Our BattleMaster took 40+ and dropped. None of their mechs fell. I Swear, they have the luckiest clan mechs up north. Taking no hits at all.

Turn 4 – I lose init. Our Atlas rises and runs. Unfortunately, we can’t stand our BM and run it into heavy woods, so we just stand it after it fell once. I charge in stuff to distract them from the BM. Like our assault Striker and such. Another day, another attack phase. We need to step this thing up. Right now, we are not doing well. Alright, here we go, I’m worried about that BattleMaster…

Our Ostsol immobilizes a Myrmidon Medium Tank
Their Nobori-Nin destroys the BM’s RT
But our BM at least nails the head of their Nobori-Nin back with a PPC.
Our Archer 2R immobilizes one of their Saracen Medium Hover tanks
Our Striker nails an engine on the Nobori-Nin
An Awesome 8Q destroys the left side of their Challenger.
Our Trebuchet takes out the H of one of their Panthers
A Schrek PPC Carrier lances a PPC into our Spider’s leg and hits an actuator.
Their Challenger’s gauss nails our BM’s CT and hits a engine once
Their Mauler hits the H of our damaged Warhammer’s H with an LRM salvo and the mech is down. Our pilot dies.

Falls? Their mauler, our Battle master falls and destroys its engine (which is unfortunate, because it would have made a great target next turn) . Our Atlas took 80 more but is still up. Their Hellhound fell though.

That was a bad pair of turns. Head hits took out the basically pristine Warhammer, falls on the BM forced us to lose it this turn on the fall to the ground, and we have a savaged Atlas. Not good at all. We should have taken out an injured Jenner, we had four fire support mechs with 7s on it, almost all missed. We had a bunch of fire on a LRM Carrier, most missed, etc.

We keep pushing forward though.

Turn 5 – We lose initiative. I hop our Watchman into the heavy woods their Ryoken used to frequent. Their other Odin flees the board. We need to really push things out here. We are losing this battle, but its early days yet. Our Hunchback bases, and is above, their Firestarter O. Their Mauler and Hellhound each failed once in rising. Is this the turn we turn things around? Here we go…

Their Ryoken gets an through armor critical on a Thunderbolt of ours, hits the ammo, and it explodes dead ,mech
Our Cyclops destroys an LRM Carrier
One of their Tokugawa Heavy tanks destroys the LA of my Hunchback #2
Then their Hatamato Hi destroys the Hunchy’s LT and hits the AC 20 ammo. Boom! The Hunchback suffers a cascading engine failure

It does damage, badly, their Tokugawa which has a stunned crew and damaged motor system

Our Awesome 8Q #3 immobilizes their 3rd Saladin
Our Trebuchet destroys another LRM Carrier
Our Crusader destroys the RA and LT of their Ryoken

Nobody falls.

Our Watchman kicks and destroys the H of their Nobori-Nin. This turn I lost two, untouched, good, quality mechs. This can’t keep happening. Gotta keep pushing.

Turn 6 – We win initiative at least. We need a sacrifice play again I’m thinking. Their Bulldog, injured, begins to flee. They eject their Ryuken. I hop our wounded Spider deep in their territory in heavy woods. Luckily we made the piloting skill roll on the other side. They are pushing hard in the south, so hopefully the Spider will distract them. One of their tanks skids, and hits the Ostsol and forces it off the board. And there’s another mech gone. Dang. I leap our Blackjack above and next to their Wasp and Warhammer. Maybe we can land another lucky kick? We aren’t doing badly in the north. We lost the BattleMaster and Thunderbolt, but have taken out lots. We are not doing well in the south flank at all. So I pulled that back some. Weapons hot…

Our Trebuchet #2 destroys the immobile Myrmidon Tank.
Our Ostsol destroys the final Saladin
Their Hatamato-Chi hits the MG ammo on our other Thunderbolt and it goes up too
Their Mauler destroys the LA of a Crusader of ours
Their Owns nails the LRM ammo on one of our Trebuchets and it ignites and is dead

Falling down? Their Avatar and Quickdraw. I fired 15 mechs at their Daikyu, just took 60+ damage . It’s just not in the cards. At least our Crusader didn’t fall.

Our other Hunchback kicks, destroys the RL of their Wasp, and it falls and destroys its LT. That’s a nice consolation prize

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote