View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 12:32 AM   #314
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s keep on!

Turn 7 – We lose initiative. I initiate our strategy. They eject their Wasp. Both of their fallen mechs rise. I push forward, hard, in the north behind our line. I move the fire support puppies out – the Archer, 2x Riflemen, Trebuchet, etc. I leave our Crusader isolated and alone, and I walk a Comet in the south right next to their wounded Jenner. Alright weapons time. I overheat that Comet good…

Our Comet blasts the Jenner’s RL and CT and both are destroyed. (It has 5x small lasers and 2x mediums)
Numerous parts on the Comet are destroyed, including all three torsos.
Their Loki omnimech takes out the Crusader’s SRM ammo and it lights up.
Our Hunchback’s AC20 on the north flank just carves into their Quickdraw’s CT and its down. A couple other pieces of it will die later this turn as well.
PPCs from a Marauder cascade into a Shrek PPC Carrier and destroy its front. They have two left.
Our Striker kicks and breaks the front side of a Drillson. Dead tank.

That turn went bascially as planned. Took out two damaged mechs (Jenner and Quickdraw) traded a damaged Crusader and a fresh Comet, and then added two tanks as well. That’s the beginning of what I want to see.

Turn 8 – We win init. One of our Rifleman will run out of AC ammo this turn (It’s the 5M with the ultras). We push forward on the north. I have taken a few woods. We retreat from their infantry here though, I don’t want to get too close. Meanwhile, we have established a line along a ridge in the south and I intend to guard it. I move a couple of mechs to the south from the fire support area – another Awesome and the Centurion and Grasshopper. We walk another Comet, this time beside their damaged Hellhound. Weapons fire again.

The Comet is again savaged, and it doesn’t do much. It dies.
LRMs from the Archer take out the RA and RT of their Hellhound though. Medium lasers from our Stalker hit its hip actuator.
Their second Goblin Medium Tank ran near my Ostsol, and it destroys the Goblin’s movement system in punishment.
One of their Hatamato-Chi nails the Atlas and hits the AC20 weapon, shutting it down.
Their Kabuto’s SRM4 streaks both hit the Atlas and it’s RA is destroyed.
We blow the LL off their Avatar in the north, and it is on the ground.
Our Awesome’s PPC nails the Avatar’s RA and destroys it.
A machine gun on our Watchman finishes off an immobilized Saracen.

Falls? Their Hellhound falls very hard, very fast. Their Avatar joins them. Our Atlas almost fell.

Again, that was not a bad turn either. We lost a light mech, and we essentially ended the Hellhound and Avatar as a threat.

Turn 9 – We lose init. I flee with the Atlas (next to the edge of the map). They eject the Hellhound, then try to rise with the Avatar once, it falls again, and they stay down when the pilot blacks out. I run our Cicada and a Jenner next to it. We have fully re-established our lines. This turn they exposed a Shrek and a Warhammer. We fire on both, and the Warhammer takes 40+ damage, the Shrek is da,maged, but fine, and nothing else major happens until the Jenner hits the H twice on their Avatar. . Not one mech of ours took more than 20 damage.

Turn 10 – We win init. We can’t get our Cicada out after they block they block the land exit with tanks and mechs. Our Jenner leaps out though and into heavy woods 5 hexes away. I just Stand the Cicada still, as it is facing a nasty Tokugawa Heavy tank (they have three of them, this one is unwounded). Their Kabutos both charge and base our Marauder in the south.

Their Kabuto gets a through armor critical on the Marauder and nails a leg actuator
Our Stalker 3F savages their Kabuto #2 and it goes internal in four places.
Our Marauder’s short range weapons take out both arms on the Kabuto #2.
Our Cicada is not hit well for a while, but eventually, is taken out.
Their Goblin is destroyed when our Dragon finishes it.
We pepper that Daikyu some more.

Falls? Our Marauder, their Daikyu and Kabuto.

The other Kabuto kicks and misses the Marauder, but keeps standing.

Turn 11 – We win init. We fail the stand to Marauder, once, twice. Dammit! I move both Jenners over to protect it. We move again in the north, pushing down, we have broken that flank. They are pushing back at the center at our fire support mechs. Their Daikyu also fails to rise, then again and breaks its LA, then finally does so on the third try with one arm. I leap a Phoenix Hawk to the rear of that Daikyu.

They savage the Marauder. Their Shrek #3 destroys its wounded LL and it’s now yellow everywhere.
Our Jenner #2 hits the wounded Kabuto and destroys its LL.
Our Awesome #2 carves the Daikyu’s RT into pieces and it dies, XL engine.
Their Owens omnimech hits the H of our Striker assault mech, and that cracks it open, but no critical.
Our Warhammer blasts the RL of the Daikyu as well.
Their SRM motorized infantry hit the Ostsol and destroy its RA.

Falls? Their wounded Kabuto.

Our Pixie kicks and hits the speed of their Tokugawa Heavy tank #2.

Turn 12 – We win init. I intend to use the downed Marauder as the target of off opportunity this turn and I push my mechs forward massively on all flanks. Might as well, since they are targeting that Marauder. They eject their wounded Kabuto many folks are basing each other.

They destroy four parts on the Marauder, including the CT. Dead mech. They also hit the H, and killed the pilot. That’s not what I wanted.
Speaking of head shots, our gauss rifle from the Cyclops just carved a H kill in their Grand Dragon #2.
We finish off the wounded Tokugawa Heavy tank with our Catapult’s final salvo of LRM ammo.
Our Stalker 5M slows down the engine on their Po Heavy Tank #2. Our Pixie follows that up with full on immobilization from its medium laser
Our Rifleman 5Ms large laser dices into another Saracen, hits the ammo, and it explodes.
We pepper their wounded Mauler some more, and open up its torso severely.

Falls? No one. Just one of our units other than the Marauder took 20+ damage, an Awesome in the north after I pulled back the exposed H of the Striker.

We kick a Striker Light Tank with the Grasshopper and it’s right side is destroyed.

As of right now, here is the counter:

We have lost 12 mechs and fled with 2 (Ostroc, Atlas). They have lost 9 mechs and 17 tanks. (Those numbers include ejections and fleeing mechs). Now things are looking a bit better since we began to regroup as things looked bad. We began with 48 mechs, and have 34 left. They went from 90 tanks, mechs, and infantry, down to 64.

They have more left than we began with, and there’s no need to keep things fleeing. So they are still in.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote