View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 11:22 AM   #315
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Turn 13 – We lose init. I use the PXH-1 as bait this time, and base that wounded Mauler to keep things real after it walked behind a level 2 hill, by leaping into an adjacent heavy woods. There are all four of their Hatamato mechs back here (Two Chi, 1 Kaze, one Hi), the Mauler, and their Atlas. A bunch of assault fun! Their Loki runs here too. We pull back some of the map this turn, I don’t want to push too much against their infantry and such. I leap the Blackjack next to, and above their Wolf Trap and our Watchman joins us. I haven’t put any weapons into this right now. It’s not really that great of a mech and it’s running low on ammo, but it’s the best target of opportunity this turn.

Their Marauder ‘s PPC smashes the RA of our Valkyrie into pieces. A Panther PPC follows and it’s the RL, going internal and nails two actuators.
They barely hit the PXH. But it’s machine guns hit the ammo on their Mauler and it ignites too.
Their Saracen #2 Hover Tank is just eviscerated by the combined PPCs of two Awesomes and a Warhammer. That was their last Saracen.
Meanwhile we pepper that that Wolf Trap, and expose some areas.

Falling? Our Valkyrie

We kick the Wolf Trap twice and…the Watchman kicks the RT and destroys it. Dead mech.
Meanwhile our JagerMech kicks and damages the movement system of a Maxim Hover unit.

So we keep the Pixie, will likely lose the Valkyrie instead, and took out a tank and a fresh Wolf Trap and that blasted Mauler. Again, a turn that pushes things our way.

Turn 14 – We lose init. I don’t eject or move that Valkyrie. Again, I push hard, moving lighter units into the right places to push our foes. The only major exposed target are tanks and an Assassin. I don’t care about the Assassin, so I focus our fire on the two other Shreks. We lose the Valkyrie badly, and both Shreks fall. A quick little turn where little else was happening.

Turn 15 –We wrest the initiative from our opponent. Hmmm… How to play this turn… I decide to push the position of their Thor, Daikyu #2, Hitman, and a couple of tanks in some woods on the northern part of the east edge of the map, right below our major units there. We charge in with a lot – Stalker, Awesome, Hunchback, Dragon and Ostol and more a few hexes behind. In the south, their assaults have begun to push our line, which won’t be good. I leap my Spider over by them in heavy, and for the first time since it was injured, I failed our piloting skill roll. Their other Kabuto bases our Stalker.

They blast the Spider with everything they have, and all they can do is hit it a few times, and destroy its RL and RA. The +4 for jumping 8 hexes, and +2 for heavy woods was rough to hit through.
They manage to savage my Ostsol some more and destroy its other arm and hit a large laser in the RT.
We carve into the Loki with a lot of close range mechs, after opening it with the AC 20 on the Hunchback we still have standing. We only have one shot left in that thing.
In the south, our Awesome smashes the right side of their Tokugawa and stuns the crew for 3 turns.

Falling? Our Ostsol, their Loki. Our Spider is on the ground already.

Our Stalker 3F kicks and destroys the RL of their Kabuto. It falls and destroys its RA.
Their downed Loki is kicked twice by the Dragon and Hunchback. It loses it’s RA.

Turn 16 – We keep initiative. On the first try, their Loki fails to stand, falls, and the pilot blacks out. Yay! We keep our forces here, and they bring in a Griffin and Daimyo to help out their team. They ejected the Kabuto. Our Ostsol stands on the first try and runs far away quickly, behind some trees. I leave the Spider alone.

They blast the Spider massively. It dies.
Meanwhile, in the northern front, they put a bit of long range weaponry into our Rifleman 5M and open up its armor in two places.
Our Jenner #1 hits the front armor on their stunned Tokugawa and it’s immobilized.
We unload a few PPC mechs onto their 40 ton Daimyo, and even eventually destroy its RT. No XL so its still alive.

Falls? Their Daimyo

We kick the downed Loki and get two gyro hits on the CT and it can’t move, it’s dead Good job Dragon!
Our Trebuchet kicks and hits the Drillson that ran under him, and destroys its fuel tank – boom!

Okay, quick check now:

We lost – 14 mechs; 2 off the board
They have lost – 16 mechs, with a savaged Daimyo, 20 tanks, with 2 more fled. They only have 14 tanks on the board. They still have 32 mechs, which is a lot. We are down to 32 mechs.

They are wasting time. The battle has swung completely in our direction. But, it could swing back ,and they have to keep pushing, they have too.

Turn 17 – We lose init. Their Loki is blacked out still. I decide to use that PXH-1 on a sacrifice play and hop it next to an unwounded Hatamato-Kaze. Their Panther, wounded moves out to expose itself from behind some trees. I continue to push us forward in the north, and in the south, I start pulling back again. They eject from the Tokugawa.

They smash the H of our Striker with an AC5 from their Grand Dragon. That sucked, dead mech and pilot. It was virtually untouched, and I pulled it back to long range because of the H damage, but a random attack from that Grand Dragon is annoying.
Meanwhile their mechs fire into the Pixie as planned, and they hit its machine gun ammo and it explodes.
Our Marauder 3R stabs out and smashes the Panther’s CT. Then our other mechs blow it up a few more pieces.
Our Grasshopper hits a Maxim Heavy Hover Tank #2, and knocks its speed down some
The only other thing we do is pepper their other Daikyu.

No one falls. We kick and wound the Maxim with the Hopper and stun its crew.

Ouch. We took out a wounded Panther, and they took out a Phoenix Hawk and a Striker. Not a good trade. That was the first round they just grabbed momentum back.

Turn 18 – We keep losing that initiative. I move some lighter elements by the wounded Maxim. Our downgraded Wolfhound is the sacrificial offer this time, and it’s exposed, but beside the Maxim, while I also ran both Jenners by it. Their Firestarter O and Pixie hop out by our Stalker 3F in the southern flank. Our Catapult A1 variant is out of ammo this turn, and has no backup weapons, so we start moving it up to, I guess, kick? I set up our Watchman to be the sacrifice play next turn. We push their wounded Daikyu. Here we go!

After cracking their Daikyu #2 open with a few PPC mechs, Our Centurion’s LB10X hits it, and shotguns it, one shot hits its AC5 ammo and it booms. Dead mech.
They pepper our Wolfhound
A Warhammer 6R smashes their other Myrmidon Medium Tank and immobilizes it
Our Jenner #2 lances medium lasers into the Maxim, hit its LRM5 ammo. Boom!
Their Hatamato-Hi smashes the RA right off our Wolfhound. Then an Atlas follows up with its RL and RT.
In the north, they are peppering our Catapult, since I’m moving it up.

Our Wolfhound falls. Our Stalker kicks and just blasts the Firestarter O onto the ground after losing its RL. -

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote