View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 06:32 PM   #316
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Turn 19 – We lose init. I leave the downed Wolfhound on the ground as a target. I move back the Jenners, and again, hop the Watchman into a place where it can jump into heavies next turn. All of their remaining tanks are moving forward in a major push. Their Firestarter tries to stand twice, then falls on its H, and destroys it. That’s hilarious! They move Assaults beside the Wolfhound. Our Catapult, denuded of ammo, runs up and into the front of the flank in the north, next to the immobilized Myrmidon and a wounded SRM infantry I occasionally sent close or medium range weapons into. They exposed their Assaults in order to do that though…. I focus every single weapon that reaches him into an untouched Hatamato-Chi. A few smaller range things hit a couple of tanks and such.

Every piece of the Wolfhound, save for its H, is destroyed.
Meanwhile 100+ damage cascades into the Hatamato, and we just smash its armor
They pepper the Catapult some more.

Only the Hatamato falls.

The second Myrmidon tank is hit and destroyed by a kick from our Catapult. So I guess that worked?

Turn 20 – We lose init. I push the Catapult as a sacrificial lamb, and leap it above in a light woods hex, and next to a Hatamato-Chi that’s standing and the one on the ground. Then that one tries to stand, fails once, then succeeds, and it’s in the same spot. That’s a nice target of opportunity. Their Owens and Spider move with their Phoenix Hawk in the south and are pushing us there hard, they jump the Pixie behind our JagerMech.

They blast the Catapult, and destroy its RA.
Our Cyclops just blasts a medium laser into the Hatamato’s RT and hits the SRM6 ammo. Explosion, contained by CASE, but no XL engine, so it’s still here. But, the feedback from the explosion, and the falls previously, have done enough damage to black out the pilot.
Their stupid, stupid stupid Phoenix Hawk nails the CTR of the JagerMech twice and nails its Gyro
Some short range weapons hit the SRM infantry, and our Watchman’s machine guns finish them off.

The Hatamato falls, the pilot takes damage, and dies. That’s unusual, you don’t see a dead pilot without hitting the head very often. Our Jagermech tumbles too. But our Catapult? Makes it’s 8 piloting skill roll and is still standing. Wow Catapult!

We kick. The Catapult kicks the untouched Hatamato-Hi beside it and…misses Ah well. Can’t win them all I suppose. At least didn’t fall down. They kick the JagerMech but don’t do a lot.

Turn 21 – We win init. I rise the JagerMech – good number rolling. It’s behind some hills, so long range mechs don’t have a great line of sight to it. I bring faster mechs over to help, like the Jenners and the upgraded Wolfhound we have. They keep their trio of lighter elements here as well – PXH, Owens, Spider. In the north, we base that final Tokugawa tank, and a gently peppered Warhammer 6K they have. Our Catapult leaps out and I push a Watchman as an option, leaping it into the space the dead Spider used, the heavy woods and a full 5 leap.

Actually, they barely target the Watchman. They gave themselves lines of target on our JagerMech instead, and a Pixie nails the AC2 ammo and it lights up. Dead JagerMech.
Meanwhile we stab fire into the Warhammer and the PPcs from our Awesomes and a Warhammer of our own just savage it.

Their Warhammer tumbles and destroys its LA. Then our Grand Dragon kicks it and destroys its RA. Armless baby! Meanwhile, a kick on the Tokugawa slows it down by our Marauder 3D. We miss a kick in the south with our Wolfhound which was set up nicely on their Spider, but their Spier also misses a kick, and falls down.

Turn 22 – We lose init. Their Spider rises and runs away quickly back to their side, right beside some infantry, and on top of a Po Heavy tank. They eject the Warhammer. I leap the Watchman out and leap in the Ostscout. I don’t want it do die, actually, but the +8 jump plus the heavy woods, and many mechs aren’t near it anymore will hopefully keep it running.

In the north, they choose to fire a lot on our Marauder 3D, which takes 60+ damage.
Meanwhile, in the south, Stalker 3F large laser lance out and gets a limb blown off RA on their own Spider.
Then our Awesome #1 hits the Spider twice with PPcs and opens the CT and nails the engine four times. Dead mech.

But, the Spider’s engine has a cascade failure. Uh oh. Our Ostscout is closer, and takes some damage. Meanwhile, two infantry squads, and the Po are destroyed. (units in the same hex always die) It blasts their Hitman, in the next space over, and the Hitman’s RA and RT are destroyed – dead mech (XL Engine). Other mechs scorched a bit are their Grand Dragon #2 and Marauder. Meanwhile, their Drillson #2, next to the Ostscout, is immobilized

So we took out five units in one shot. Can’t argue with those results!

Back in battle, we fire a lot of weapons into their Hatamato-Hi in the northern flank
Our Wolfhound WLF-2 ER Large Laser knifes into the unmoving Tokugawa and finishes it.
Our Blackjack cascades heat into Maxim and drops its movement by one.

The Hatamato Hi, after taking 60+ damage, falls and gets a limb blown off LL.
Our Marauder tumbles as well.

Our Ostscout was barely touched, other than the explosion. It kicks the Drillson and destroys it. That’s the last Drillson they have.

Now it’s time to take stock:

We have lost: 17 mechs, plus 2 fled, and a pretty well damaged Marauder and Catapult. We have 29 mechs, plus the damaged ones

They have lost: 27 tanks, leaving just 9 on the map. 3 infantry squads, leaving 3 on the map. And 25 mechs, leaving the badly damaged Hatamato-Hi, and 22 other mechs on the field

We have won this battle. It’s pretty clear to see. Even with no more gauss rifle ammo for the Cyclops, and two Rifleman using medium and large lasers, two Archers and a Trebuchet doing the same, we are still pushing. I still have an awesome Blackjack variant with all of the lasers working well out there, three Awesomes barely touched, two Stalkers barely touched, A Cyclops not sucking, that nasty Hunchback in the north, an unmarked Watchman hopping all over, And that’s pretty good stuff.

They have two unmarked Hatamatos, and an Atlas. They have a Quickdraw, two Dragons left, a Marauder, two Phoenix Hawks, that Owens, another Daimyo, and a 3rd Jenner. Other than the heat at the top, that’s a pretty weaker selection of units.

Because I didn’t eject my mechs usually to save them, I was able to force them to waste time finishing them off. So the numbers look really good for us now.

They pull out, and we get to keep the legged Hatamato-Hi.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote