View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 09:13 PM   #321
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This conversation was held in the middle of 3065, about six weeks Hall joined us.

Jaime Wolf, CO and co-founder of Wolf’s Dragoons, a ex-clanner who created one of the most iconic mercenary units of all time, and is next door in the planet Outreach, surrounded by Coalition planets in the former Chaos March.

After light pleasantries from two COs of the largest mercenary units in existence, they get down to business.

“So why did you really call Jamie?”

“I wanted to let you know that you are making an absolute mistake allying with Blake. They aren’t who you think they are. They are mean, nasty, prone to lie, splintered into numerous groups. This is going to end badly for you.”

“So you are calling me to chastise me? That’s it? Finger-wagging?”

“You can still get out from this alliance. ComStar will take you back in a minute.”

“So you are chastising me, and you are offering me a lifeline?”

“Exactly.”

“Jamie, let me tell you something. Let me remind you about the real world. In the last 8 years since the Chaos March has formed, all around your fief on Outreach, billions of people have died. They have died to war, to bombings, to famine, to hunger, to illnesses, to devastations, and they have died. They have died in large amounts on planets like Sheratan and Caph.

There have been bandits, huge destructions of mines, roads, DropPorts, farms, plants, factories, cities, towns, schools, and much more. After we freed ourselves here on our home planet, we didn’t just thank our lucky stars and call it a day! For years we have been going out there and ending this crap. We have been waging war against all of the various issues going on around us too.

We’ve fought bandits in Bryant and Acamar. We’ve liberated and defended planets that asked for it with Ingress, Sheratan, Fletcher and Epsilon Indi. We were welcomed as liberators in Liberty, Keid, Caph, Hsien, Elgin and Genoa.

And where were you? With people dying, and infrastructures being destroyed, where were you? Did you help the people around you? Have you helped them now, after the disasters? You could have sent your soldiers, your companies, your technicians, your navy, to eliminate all of these. You could have saved people’s lives by the bucketful. You could have stopped Sheratan from burning, or to have put out the fires early. Where were you?

You didn’t send so much as one battlemech to help. Not one DropShip to shuttle supplies. Not one advisor to help out. Not one engineer to help fix things. Not one, single Cbill, to help out. Nothing. You have sat in what I can only assume is a highly decorated Ivory Tower and done nothing for the people. And then you have to audacity to call me up and tell me that my alliance, with people who actually have helped, is wrong.

With all due respect Jamie, right now, you have all of the moral authority of a cockroach. As far as I’m concerned, this conversation is over.”

Essex hangs up.

Jamie Wolf stands for a moment.

“You are right, I should have done something earlier. Now I will.”

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-03-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote