View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #44
Timmyotall
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
to me the main thing I think about every time I play, whether SP or MP, is that the game should be tracking this info for me.

I agree with this whole-heartedly. There are times that I feel like I spend more time running change tracker and other utilities than I spend playing the game - and that's not what I want to do.

I think it's important to consider why people feel like they need to keep and track this information - IMO this is because it is so difficult to determine how good a player is based purely on the stats recorded; particularly for non-starters. The reason I think FM works so well is because it provides constant feedback both on how players are performing (they get a rating out of 10 for each game) and how they are progressing - there are regular emails from the coaches saying things such as 'player X has been training well', or 'player Y is not developing as anticipated due to a lack of playing time'. I don't feel the need to track how players' ratings have changed over time, because their average performance score year on year is tracked for me; and ultimately that matters more than their ratings.
Timmyotall is offline   Reply With Quote