View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 02:29 AM   #49
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The roster issues goes well beyond just the amount of players. Just reading the threads in the roster forum right now and there are loads of bugs with them. Duplicate players, fielding ratings going down to 0 at every position after a couple of years. The whole thing looks like a complete mess.

And that's where I'm upset with OOTP. They had a huge fan base who played with real rosters. Tons of leagues used it. Markus completely screwed up this aspect of the game and gave up that market. As much as I loved his earlier games, and as much as I love the series, Markus deserves the failure he is receiving the past few years due to horrendous development decisions that alienated a lot of his customers. There is no excuse I can think of for building a version of that game that was not customizable friendly in the roster department.

Yes, there are many issues with the rosters, I've already said it needs to be fixed. The rosters are user made, I believe by Erich(Rolen17) and until they can be done by inputing stats instead of ratings I don't think it will get any better. You have to "guess" for a lack of a better term to find the proper ratings mix to make players as you want them to be.

The reason I bring up the number of players is instead of making the 800-1200 players needed for the major leagues and testing, these guys are making them for all levels and testing. Don't you think they should prioritize getting the majors right first (if it can even be done with the current system) and then move down?

Hell, if your first post in the thread said you wouldn't be buying the game until this was fixed instead of about leagues in Zimbabwe I'd have been agreeing with you all the way.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote