View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 05:25 PM   #14
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Dennis Smith Jr sucks and will kill Doncic. Seemed like good things happened when Luka was allowed to make splays. Instead pounding dribbles by Smith and off balance shit shots by Matthews.

The lack of firepower surrounding Doncic is going to make it tough for him, I think. Mavs have a lot of pieces that would mesh well on great teams as role players, but minus the big name stars to lead them in Dallas.

I thought Smith Jr got himself into some fantastic scoring opportunities around the basket but just couldn't connect. Not convinced his ceiling is beyond a sparkplug off the bench.

For the Suns, Ayton looked nice, but if anything I think he still needs to be more aggressive in the post. He has nice touch and should be looking to score every time he gets the ball in the post... I secretly yearn for the days of back to the basket/low-post scorers in the NBA, and Ayton gave me a little hope of that, mixed with the ability to also play the pick and roll and keep up with guys defensively. I feel like he could be who I thought KAT would be.