View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #118
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There are just two provinces in Iberia which are not mine - Zamora and Leon - both are in Moslim hands

The Almravids have been badly divided and don't control these two small provinces. So let's push

I declare Holy War on both of these small provinces

I hire the Teutonic Order to assist - I'll use them while my forces recuperate

6 June - My Spymaster passes and I appoint my wife to the role

31 Oct - We have captured all six holdings in Leon

11 Dec - All three holdings in Zamora are ours. We take them both and win both wars

Zamora - Castilian and Sunni, Zmra is capital with 7.9 base tax and 4.5 fort. Benavente is a Bishopric with 8 and the city of Toro has 1.8 and 1.7 fort

Leon - 10.6 base tax, Castilian and Sunni, 65 fort, City f Villablino has 12. base tax, 2.5 fort; base tax and 8.1

I order a city in Zamora and then hand it away. I hand away Leon as well. I create the Duchy of Leon and give it to the Count of Leon, who oversees Salamanca and Zamora as well.

I'd show you a map but it's pretty boring. This was not my original intent when beginning this dynasty. I figured that I would share Iberia with Castille, Leon, Galicia Navarra and later Portugal. I was going to get the traditional Aragonese silhouette in Iberia, and then move off like they did, as they ran into Castille. That was about to happen here too. But then Castile failed to grow after twice trying to get Cordoba's duchy. And Then Castille lost Toledos duchy. Then Castille stopped being pertinent just before being destroyed.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote