View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #143
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I began this game in 1066. Today, in 1239, I truly feel like I've accomplished what I want. I took all of Hispania becuase it was open, and someone had to step up. I moved into Egypt and Alexadria only to stop France, but you can look at my Egyptian and Levantine holdings as similiar in posture to Aragon's Southern Italy and Greek holdings I have fewer islands than Aragon, but I still took the Balearic Isles, Sardinia, Corsica, Malta and Sicily. I resisted the temptation to cross the strait to Tangiers and onward, or to move into France or other mailand provinces. The Mongols aren't anyhere near me right now in Persia, although perhaps in 20 years they could reach the Levant. The Golden Horde has not captured any land at all, and I don;t know where they re or what they are doing.

If I were to play this campaign to its conclusion, I'm just roughly half way through. What would be next? I sent my Chancellor to make claims in Rhodes. The Duke of Sicily has yet to take a wife, so if I died soon, I woud have a chance to choose my own wife. Perhaps I would force Southern Italy with France. Perhaps I would begin to drift meo nto North Africa. At this point, I beleive I have puhed history as far as it can go. All of this is a what if. What if Aragon reached it maximum expnsion in Iberia, and looked out and saw that Castille was shriking and he other powers retreating? What if Aragon took most of the Peninua instead of Castille? What if Aragon used this might to fund troops in a successful Crusade for Jerusalem? But at this point, we've reached it. I just don't see a real life power contining much. Oh I think a real power would still covet more, but we are the Mediterranenean power. We look to be one of the strongest economies in Europe and one of the biggest armies as well. I didn;t touch my own military for most of the wars we just waged, instead usig mercs and holy orders for Sinai, the HRE conflict and the Duchy war. That allows me to build up my manpower. I could call on 109k troops if I needed to, and more than 1000 ships.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote