View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 12:11 AM   #144
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let's look at the Ledger

By size, we are the second largest realm, only the HRE is larger. We are ninety holdings bigger than the Byzatines in 3rd.

Top ten nations by size:

HRE
Hispania
Byzantium
France
Ruhenia
Egypt
Ilkhanate
Persia
Poland
England

I was hoping to see more about money, but I can't. Because of stolen tech and the more advanced Moslims, we are more advanced than many other nations. Alto Aragon is 8, 16 and 16 with its techs. Paris is 9, 15, 11. Weimar is 9, 8 and 9. Rome is 12, 13 and 9 England has none in the double digits. Krakow is 8, 11 and 8. You get the idea.

Now, add the might to our nation from the economic wealth of the places still Mslim which are not giving us soldiers or money. In 15-20 years after they've been converted and grown, we have more money and men. What would a real life ruler do to better that? Then add in all od those cities that will be built in the lands we took. We can build one city a year with the money coming in. Eventually we can;t add any more, but it'll be a while. We are barely in the footstep of the Mongols, so we have no worries there. Even if they arrived, a full blown war, with 110k troops plus a Holy Order and some mercs and you have nothing to worry about. No one is a threat, and when that happens, nations rarely continue to push, becuase they have arrived at greatness. We are great.

Would I like to see my grandson as the next King an move forward? Sure. But we don't need to. We have no expansion opportunities that are obvious, and no more Moors breathing down our necks or France's shadow cast long over us. We stand on our own.

And thus my dynasty ends.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote