View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

To The Future...To Laurinca (FM11)

This is essentially a spinoff of my Neloxia trilogy from FM10, as there was no humanly possible way I managed to have the energy to rebuild that league from scratch into FM11, I considered not moving up to the new version at all. But when I got it on sale for $13, I figured it was worth the upgrade even if I didn't do much with it, knowing I had no plans to move to FM12 short of them offering some magical in-game editing tool that wouldn't work until the 3rd patch.

Anyway...enough of the rant.

Laurinca was fashioned by me as the far western region of Neloxia (aka, I needed more space in a new SimCity 4 map...) and eventually went from far western part of the country, to autonomous region to independent.

It's still largely underpopulated compared to Neloxia, but that doesn't stop the ambitious little country from boasting a vibrant multi-tiered football pyramid.

My goal here is mostly to focus on the national team and its efforts to become a world power. There's no Neloxia in this particular world, call it a fork, parallel universe or claim that Neloxia has been engulfed by its western half and it explains why tiny Laurinca could otherwise afford to do boast its own league.

But I'll still go through the promotable leagues and profile the important teams, because it might be interesting as we go forward.

This db also contains the Virgin Super League, which is basically a World Super League of sorts between the champions of Laurinca, Australia, England, Japan, MLS, South Africa and Mexico.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote