View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 02:18 PM   #20
Front Office Midget
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanklingill View Post
I am open to be taught more about the game. Do you know any more indepth defensive takes on how to improve to get up to these levels?

I run a 4-3 under, not a 3-4, so take anything I say with that in mind.

In 3-4 in the past, it was all about one thing- your WLB's pass rush technique rating. I imagine this is still somewhat true, although it may be shared with your SLB.

In general, you want to be blitzing your SLB or your WLB, and you want them to have PRT's over 80.

Your DL looks great, but 3-4 sacks in this game tend to come more from the OLBs + one of your DEs (is it LDE?). I think RDE functions more like a RDT in a 4-3. They are more useful in stopping the run.

I use a 4-3 under, with 2 great pass rushing DEs, and 2 great pass rushing OLBs. (think "great" as in 80+ prt/prs). Usually blitzing a player. That works for me.

I can tell you are falling into one major trap that will limit your enjoyment of this game- comparing the numbers too closely to that of the real life NFL. The numbers are never going to line up exactly. It's even more extreme when you look at individual players- their statistics are not going to look like their real-life counterparts.

FOF needs to be taken for what it is. The numbers are within the realm of realism, BUT they are not going to model 2019/2020 numbers exactly (nor 2016 numbers, which is when the game came out).

DTs, and RDE (I think) in the 3-4 are not going to generate that many sacks, usually. Pass rush technique, usually, is more important than pass rush strength.

Finally, the single most important stat in determining whether a QB is sacked is the QB's sense rush rating.
Front Office Midget is offline   Reply With Quote