Thread: Breaking Bad
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #778
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
its tough to rate it, considering how amazing the 3rd to last episode was, but i think way too much went right for walt in that last episode. it almost didnt feel like a breaking bad episode with how it played out. more like an action movie.

The comments/reviews I've seen lamenting the fact that everything goes right for Walt in the last episode are valid I think, but I don't think I really care about it that much. Ozymandias is the clear high point of the series, there is no possible thing they could have done in the finale to match that. The next to last episode, Granite State, showed the further fallout from that. The finale is just the last effort by Walt for resolution. I'm not quite sure it matters to me how it ended after the previous two episodes, I just needed to see as much stuff resolved as possible.

Walt has had a lot of insane plans go right, so that by itself isn't a problem for me. I think the comment from Dan Fienberg was "none of these things make sense in the real world, of course, but they make sense in the Breaking Bad universe, so its ok" in regards to the ridiculous amount of things that could have/should have gone wrong for Walt in the last episode.

After Ozymandias, I was prepared for literally anything. I actually *predicted* a Marie suicide. I was prepared for a Walt, Jr or Baby Holly death. As awful as things were for Jesse in the last two episodes, I imagined that something even worse would happen in the finale. But it turns out that the last two episodes (and most of the last season) were all about the destruction, and instead the finale was about a small bit of redemption once Walt is finally honest with everyone around him for the first time in 2 years/6 seasons. I'm fine with that.

I do get the discomfort with how neatly everything ended, totally. It just doesn't bother me personally.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote