View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #343
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
But Jackal was not only in the running, he was in the lead!

You're clearly not understanding. I'll try again.

I had originally voted No Lynch because I thought the game mechanics would allow us to explore and find out identities of people we saw on the board. Pass clarified and said that's not how it works. So my initial strategy was invalid.

So I decide to change my vote and see two ways to go.

1) Vote for one of the top vote getters to put pressure on them and see what happens.
2) Vote for one of the people who aren't contributing (usually my preferred day 1 vote).

It was starting to get late in the morning and there was no real push for voting for a quiet one so I felt that going in that direction was going to result in a wasted vote. So I didn't go with option 2 (which I really would have preferred slightly).

But later on, that possibility got legs as Path voted for Qwik and st.cronin mentioned he was thinking about it. All of a sudden, option 2 got a chance at actually meaning something. So I decided it was worthwhile to move my vote to Qwik because he'd be in the running for lynch.

So my statement that seems to be giving you such heartburn could be restated as, "Now that voting for Qwik does not seem to be a throw-away vote, I think that I will move my vote to him as I think it makes more sense to vote for someone who is not contributing on day one."
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote